Comments

• radiobabe wrote:
    "...I don't know what kind of policy you can get for $400 a month..."

Nor do I radiobabe, however I was commenting on the familymans salary/ins comparison.
    He came up with the $400 premium, perhaps he knows where there is this type of policy.

Seems to me you are comparing apples to oranges with the $1200 ins. of your "small buisiness".
    I could be wrong but I don't think Caterpillar is considered a "small buisiness".

I'm still waitng for an answer to my first question about the salary at Caterpillar.

June 21, 2012 at 7:51 a.m.
  • Tx and Dale... I don't know what kind of policy you can get for $400 a month. As a small business owner, I paid $1,200 a month for a group policy with so-so coverage and a high deductible that covered my family.

June 20, 2012 at 10:37 a.m.
  • familyman1122 asked:
    "Would you rather have a job at $10 per hour and a full benefits pack or a job that pays $15 an hour and have to pay $400+ a month for insurance?"

Hmmm...
    If my math is correct (and I have never been accused of being an expert mathematician) I'd have to take the $15 an hour and pay $400 for insurance. This would net me an extra $400 a month @ 40hr work week.

But that's just me! However, to each his own!

June 19, 2012 at 10:04 a.m.
  • Uh, $15/hr. I would clear at least $200 a month and I'd be able to deduct the cost of health insurance from my taxes.

June 19, 2012 at 9:57 a.m.
  • Cat pays all your benefits ?

Zero cost to the employee ?

June 19, 2012 at 6:37 a.m.
  • roberttx-
    They might be making about $10 per hour to make these machines but you must look at the large benefits package that goes along with the job. That alone is worth about half their wages or more. A man with a family will opt for less pay for a better benefits package. I know having my family covered is very important to me. Think about it. Would you rather have a job at $10 per hour and a full benefits pack or a job that pays $15 an hour and have to pay $400+ a month for insurance?

June 19, 2012 at 6:05 a.m.
  • sorry liberals.. cat came to victoria because operating costs are lower here than Illinois. that would be wages too. obviously the 200 folks working ther now are happy with the pay. remember. big companies can go anywhere in the world. I expect the guys in china putting the hyndais together are making about 2.00 per hour. why don't you go get u soma that!

June 18, 2012 at 5:38 p.m.
  • I understand they already have lines going (working/producing) so evidently they are semi-open.

All this talk about low salaries, what is starting pay?

June 18, 2012 at 11:37 a.m.
  • let them open first then we can discuss labor issues.

June 18, 2012 at 11:04 a.m.
  • Give them tax breaks, fine but in exchange they need to up the ante on salaries and do better than taco bell. That company is making out like a bandit on our tax breaks to them! The least they can do is pay a decent wage!

June 18, 2012 at 7:41 a.m.
  • Maybe with the "additional $500,000 investment " they can build an overpass at Lone Tree, like at the school, to eliminate this other idiotic light on the so called "loop"!!

June 18, 2012 at 7:29 a.m.
  • Why give them anything now. Would they close down and leave. Hardly!!!

June 17, 2012 at 10 p.m.
  • They're "primary jobs" for people with two or more jobs.

June 17, 2012 at 4:53 p.m.
  • those jobs have to pay better than a fast food place I would hope.

June 17, 2012 at 1:44 p.m.
  • what's the expected salary of those 10 added jobs ?

if they're adding 10 jobs BELOW the living wage, that's one hell of a deal for caterpillar

June 17, 2012 at 1:41 p.m.