Comments

• Now its time to leave this family alone they been threw alot

June 20, 2012 at 8:46 p.m.
  • As a parent of 2 girls- (5 and 12 yrs) I have to commend this child's father. I am more than glad of the outcome from the grand jury. I agree 200% that his actions were justified. I pray for healing for the child and her family, As they lived one of a mother's worst fears. I believe children are a gift from God, and should always be treated as such. A child of her age is not capable of defending herself against an adult, and should not have to. The man who died clearly made his choice. I pray for peace for the girls father, he protected a child he loves, an innocent beautiful child - God bless HIM. We all should love our children this much to protect them at any cost!

June 20, 2012 at 6:07 p.m.
  • tinstar McMinn does have GPS in her vehicle paid by taxpayers!!

June 20, 2012 at 3:56 p.m.
  • I learned something ... texas isn't all that bad.. (under the law in Texas, deadly force is authorized and justified to stop an aggravated sexual assault or a sexual assault)

I am hoping the family gets strength thru all this and moves forward and makes others aware of how important to watch Our children daily no matter whom they are with. Reminder.. usually it's close relatives and/ or friends that do this type of crime. Thank god TX has a justice system!

June 20, 2012 at 2:15 p.m.
  • I'm suprised McMinn showed up or even knew where the Lavaca County Courthouse was located.

June 20, 2012 at 1:16 p.m.
  • I am so happy the grand jury decided to no-bill him. When I heard the 911 call it gave me goose bumps. It was a tragedy caused by one man's lust for an innocent little girl.

June 20, 2012 at 11:59 a.m.
  • While this crime is heartbreaking on so many levels I think the actions of the father, the Lavaca Sheriffs Office, County District Attorney McMinn and citizens of Lavaca County show the depth of decency in that area and should be commended. Out of respect for all those hurt by this horrible act we should allow them the time and privacy to heal. God bless the child and her family.

June 20, 2012 at 11:38 a.m.
  • I do miss Texas justice

June 20, 2012 at 9:58 a.m.
  • Thank you for your second comment Scorpio!!

June 20, 2012 at 9:05 a.m.
  • The Shiner Community would like the family to be left alone. They feel the father was justified in his actions and are very supportive. An account to help the family with counseling costs and such has been set up at Sage Capital Bank in Shiner if anyone cares to donate.

June 20, 2012 at 9:03 a.m.
  • wuzup the case in Victoria involving the father of a child who wondered off and was killed by pitbulls is nothing like this case. If you should educate yourself of that situation you would also find out that child had wondered off several times and law enforcement had to return the child home. That father was given chances and he still ignored the child and failed to watch it. This situation with the little girl was isolated and was horrible. Statistics prove 90% of all sexual abuse cases involve a family member or a trusted family friend. So before you start spouting off your mouth you need to get all the facts straight.

June 20, 2012 at 9:02 a.m.
  • I sit here and think of what that man did to that child and how bold he must have been to try and do something so horrific with the father of the child so close to the scene and I wonder was this his first crime or how many others he may have harmed before that day. How many other children did that father save that day when he so valently defended his daughter. I pray this family finds the strength to heal. I pray this little girl can grow up and lead a normal life. I hope the community does not constantly remind this family of that horrible day and they find peace and a sense of normal once again.

June 20, 2012 at 8:52 a.m.
  • "Wuzup" I'm pretty sure allowing your child to walk off several times is different than allowing your child to tend horses with a trusted individual that was hired. The law states that it is justifiable in a sexual assault situation. I'm sure she just didn't make that law up.

June 20, 2012 at 8:40 a.m.
  • wuzup, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I won't try to change it.

But for all the other folks who may be reading and forming their own opinions, let me clarify that Heather McMinn's decision most likely had nothing to do with getting re-elected. She is running unopposed.

The decision by a grand jury not to indict was the right one.

June 20, 2012 at 7:42 a.m.

June 20, 2012 at 7:34 a.m.
  • Outstanding!

Way to go Lavaca County!

June 20, 2012 at 7:24 a.m.
  • Bless the grand jury! From the comments made on previous article about this case, I think everyone is in agreement that this was the correct outcome.

It seems like nothing has happened but death around here in a while...and please remember, what the culprit did to the little girl was reprehensible and inexcusable, if he has family members, remember them in your prayers. They lost a son, but they did not perpetrate the crime. So just keep them in your prayers.

And for the father, little girl, and all their family and friends, you have been in my prayers from day one, and will continue to be there as you begin your long road to healing. May God bless you.

June 20, 2012 at 7:11 a.m.

June 20, 2012 at 2:11 a.m.