Comments

• You people of Victoria need to realize our Government is taking care of us and thats all we need to worry about. Trust 'em. Heck, we'a'll elected 'em. Doesn't that give them permission to do anything they want with this windfall? Somewhere there is a poor deserving businesss that needs parking spaces or repave the road in front of the country club. Dont worry about the area across the tracks. Most of all, quit asking all those pesky questions What, are all of you unpatriotic?

June 22, 2012 at 1:29 p.m.
  • Thank you, Mr. Polasek, for providing that link. It certainly answers my questions about the use of all the HOT funds (and provides proof that it wasn't all about the boot-fest). A reminder for the future: transparency in government is a net public good. The easier it is to answer the simple questions makes it easier for everyone (except for a few of the slower types) to accept city action as being beneficial and well intended.

June 22, 2012 at 3:01 a.m.
  • Thomas!!! Please save me some money for the Blogger-PALOOZA and RV Extravaganza I'm planning for the fall! I'm inviting bloggers from everywhere (except itisi, and rollinstone--they are not invited-sorry, guys!) for three days. (That means two nights of heads in beds.)

I just need $246.93. I'll get'cha my paperwork next week!

Thanks!

June 21, 2012 at 6:56 p.m.
  • Zero,
    The link below is to the “Governmental Funds” portion of the 11-12 city budget. Scroll down and take a look at pages 134 – 137. Everything is broken down there, including the CVB budget. Also please note the film festival project is not on the budget because it came later and the budget was amended to include it.

There will be more info available in the coming months as we begin the budget process for 12-13. Thanks for your interest!

Paul Polasek

June 21, 2012 at 1:13 p.m.
  • Thank you Mr. Polesek, but the question was "what happened to the approximately $2 million (the 85% of the 2010-11 HOT monies)?" We know what the 15% allocated to arts/culture/community organizations was spent on. It was actually more, since the council voted to pay the movie festival, as the article indicated, so this line item was $217,000.

June 21, 2012 at 11:53 a.m.
  • Good morning mzmizer!
    I had to laugh when I saw your post. I had looked this info up already since it was on our agenda the other night. I found it on the council agenda from 1/3/12, Item F1. Here is a link to the agenda.

Museum of the Coastal Bend $26,300.00
    Quilt Guild of Greater Victoria, Inc. 2,180.00
    Victoria Community Theatre d/b/a Theatre Victoria 60,000.00
    Victoria Bach Festival Association, Inc. 11,700.00
    Victoria Ballet Theatre 31,000.00
    Victoria Regional Museum Association 24,000.00
    Victoria Symphony Society, Inc. 18,620.00

Total Fiscal Year11-12 Outside Agency Funding $173,800.00

Hope this helps!

June 21, 2012 at 8:41 a.m.
  • I am sure Coucilman Polasek will jump in any minute now and give us a breakdown of where the money went, the reasons why and how this is a great tax revenue.

We are all waiting Mr. Polasek.

June 21, 2012 at 7:44 a.m.
  • How was the 85% spent last year? I thought this would be an easy answer, but after three minutes with Google I gave up. There are smatterings of an answer in allocations for advertising, but it doesn't add (no pun intended) up to the missing millions.

June 21, 2012 at 2:45 a.m.
  • where does the other 85% go and who over sees how that money is spent ?

June 21, 2012 at 12:45 a.m.
  • are they going to enforce the deadline this year ?

June 21, 2012 at 12:21 a.m.
  • Boot the HOT:
    www.victoriaadvocate.com/weblogs/para...

June 20, 2012 at 10:06 p.m.
  • Good Grief!

June 20, 2012 at 9:01 p.m.
  • Where, specifically, does the other 85% go?

June 20, 2012 at 6:51 p.m.