Saturday, October 25, 2014




Advertise with us

Travel trailer, shed catch fire in Telferner

By Jennifer Lee Preyss
March 4, 2012 at 2:03 p.m.
Updated March 4, 2012 at 9:05 p.m.


A shed and travel trailer caught fire in the rear of a house in the 400 block of Wood Street in Telferner at 12:42 p.m. Sunday.

Victoria County Fire Marshal Ronald Pray said the homeower, Brandi Mankoski, 35, had renters living in the home located at 405 Wood St. who were attempting to burn garbage in the back yard without a barrel or screen to contain the flames. The fire spread to a nearby shed, which burned to the ground.

Sparks from the shed then caught a nearby travel trailer on fire, which burned the rear and sides of the vehicle. The fire was put out before it spread to the home.

No one was injured at the scene. Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames in about 20 minutes, Pray said.

SHARE

Comments


Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia