Comments

• EdithAnn: I surrender. Waving a white flag with one hand while i type with the other.

March 13, 2012 at 9:03 a.m.

March 12, 2012 at 10:51 a.m.
  • I love it when the perfect people of the world share their superior literary knowledge with the rest of us mortals.

March 12, 2012 at 9:54 a.m.
  • N3225J—I have no problem with the band going to Chicago. I think it is a great opportunity to represent Victoria as I said earlier. My problem was with the statement that this band takes a big trip every 4 years when the band, as is, is only 2 years old.

justafan—I have long offered to write the headlines for the paper, and I have complained many times before that the paper needs a proofreader. I could probably do a fair job, so let me audition with your comment:

“EdtihAnn: Im thinking Mr Ardner will contact you to proof read any future statements before he sends them to the newspaper.”

1. EdithAnn is correctly spelled E D I T H A N N.
    2. I’m requires an apostrophe (‘).
    3. Mr. requires a period (.).
    4. Proofread is spelled P R O O F R E A D. One word.
    How’d I do?

(I learned a long time ago that if my work is not perfect, I probably ought to not mention someone else's mistakes. We all make them. Headlines excluded.)

March 12, 2012 at 8:29 a.m.
  • Edith
    You write a good part no matter what they say. I served on the Intrepid in 1965 and they can go to Corpus Christi to see a big ship. Most people won't go to something local or see local history but will traval across the US to traval somewhere. How many people do you think have been to Goliad. Their is History in your back yard that is to close to see.

March 12, 2012 at 8:03 a.m.
  • EdtihAnn: Im thinking Mr Ardner will contact you to proof read any future statements before he sends them to the newspaper.

March 12, 2012 at 6:47 a.m.
  • goodtimes,
    Thanks for that but I think everyone underst... nevermind, one person seems to be struggling.

March 11, 2012 at 6:33 p.m.
  • For clarification, Mr. Ardner said the West Band takes a major trip every four years. He did not say the Band "has taken" a trip every four years:) My understanding is that this is the New tradition for the New West Band that was established last year. They did not take a trip last year because it was the first year of the new school and band. Every four years for a "big" trip makes it so that all of the kids are part of at least one trip in their high school years in the West Band.

March 11, 2012 at 6:14 p.m.
  • Great article on the band and their activities. Extra-curricular activites like this are fantastic and keep these kids motivated. Nice article Vicad.

Keep up the good work Ardner!!!

March 11, 2012 at 8:01 a.m.
  • Maybe because the East High School Band hasn't been taking a big trip every 4 years?

[Way to go, East! Way to represent Victoria, East AND West!]

March 10, 2012 at 5:07 p.m.
  • FYI: The Victoria EAST High School Band is CURRENTLY in New York City (will return late Monday) on a planned trip similar to this one. The Mighty Titan Band will be performing during their visit to "the Big Apple" at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum on Sunday, March 11th at 10:30 am.

I'm a little confused by the lack of coverage in the paper... did no one send this in?

March 10, 2012 at 4:23 p.m.
  • THIS IS WHY WE NEED A SARCASM FONT!!!

Or, I could have just put (sic). Wasn't that Kenneth's solution?

Riverboat: 8^)

March 10, 2012 at 4:22 p.m.
  • It is the comment! This is like the student who was quoted during the Jayne mess as saying she dreamed all her life of being a Victoriadore and now she was one!

No, she never was a Victoriadore and the West High School Band of Warriors did not take a trip 4 years ago.

And folks are trying to figure out why kids aren't doing so well in school?

March 10, 2012 at 12:30 p.m.
  • Four years ago the smart ones were in jr. high and elementary school.

March 10, 2012 at 11 a.m.
  • Really? I had no idea.

March 10, 2012 at 10:55 a.m.
  • Come on EdithAnn you can figure this out. Four years ago some of these excited band members were students at Victoria Memorial. Same kids just different school name.

March 10, 2012 at 10:47 a.m.
  • "The band takes a major trip every four years, Ardner said, and students are more than excited to get on the road."

Where did they go 4 years ago since they did not exist?

March 10, 2012 at 9:54 a.m.