Comments

• I wish there was a LIKE button on VicAd! LMAO! I agree!!

March 27, 2012 at 9:43 a.m.
  • "A medical condition may have contributed to Basaldua losing control of his car, Nieto said."

I doubt it was much of a medical condition, seeing as how he refused medical treatment. I thnik I'd try to FAKE a condition to mitigate the trouble I was in.

March 26, 2012 at 7:08 p.m.
  • Great that nobody was home, or hurt. Now is there a law that if you're racing you forfeit your car on the books.

I'm mean really how could a numbnuts, sustain enough speed in a residential neighborhood, take out a couple of fences and still have enough energy to plow their car into a living room.

Maybe jordanj or whatever the profeesional street racer that commented on the red G-8 Pontiac that t-boned the mini van at the mall could shed a little heartfetlt ignorance on the subject.

Please impound the idiot's car forever.

March 26, 2012 at 6:55 p.m.
  • Hmm, figures.. Give us people with a camaro who like it for driving and every so often time, a bad name :|

March 26, 2012 at 6:44 p.m.
  • Another camARO and a little blue car looked like a CRV honda....

March 26, 2012 at 1:32 p.m.
  • What cars were racing him?

March 26, 2012 at 10:49 a.m.
  • Victoria Advocate.....it seems that the people that post your errors about misspelling really need to go to the bank, get a withdrawl and BUY A LIFE!!!!
    Is that all you people do sit around a "round table" at a coffee shop and knit pick on the Victoria Advocate website? Hey, I hear they are hiring greeters at Wal-Mart, you old farts!!
    The back side of my house faces Airline and I can tell you alot more was going on than medical conditions Saturday night. With 2 other cars racing that silver camARO that night. Seems the Victoria Police dept. should take ALOT of notice of what goes on between Stockbauer and 463 during EVERY WEEKEND!!! And also weekday nights, but HUMMM, by the time they are called everyone is GONE!!!
    And they want US to watch out for motorcycles?????

March 26, 2012 at 9:56 a.m.
  • Hey Vicad,
    I'm pretty sure the large majority of the "less-than-perfect" group clearly understood the story and it's content.

It's the internet folks, read the story, try to use your comprehension skills to interpret what was written without all the emphasis on the little things.

Can someone please tell me when it is appropriate to use apostrophe in the word its or it's? I don't really want to get in any trouble with the perfect people.

I must say I hope the person with poormanscorvetteheavyfootitus is feeling better.

March 26, 2012 at 9:36 a.m.
  • must have been one of those transformer camaros

March 26, 2012 at 9:13 a.m.
  • Regarding concerns about the incorrect spelling of the car model in the first posting of the story, thank you for noting that. We have a report error button on every article for just this purpose.
    We regularly post stories to online after only one editor has reviewed them. The stories continue to be reviewed by other editors and updated as warranted. By the end of this process, a story generally is reviewed by several editors.
    Even still, we do make mistakes on deadline and appreciate your help in correcting those.

March 26, 2012 at 8:30 a.m.
  • Yep, that midnight loss of control will get you every time. Looks like a case of open house to me.

March 26, 2012 at 8:24 a.m.
  • Let me see...a man had a vehicle drive into his home and not a single comment about the man's home just a jab from a wannabe proof reader who can't do simple math and who doesn't proof read his own material.

Hope you get your home repaired soon Mr. Trowbridge.

March 26, 2012 at 7:20 a.m.
  • Markrueger, you may want to proof read yourself before soliciting a job as proof reader for vicad.

March 25, 2012 at 9:25 p.m.

March 25, 2012 at 8:27 p.m.
  • Thank you, Markkrueger.

I do sincerely hope the VicAd takes you up on your offer. When articles are posted with rare, if any, mistakes (instead of multiple grammatical, spelling, context, and factual errors), I will know you landed the job.

Good luck, sir. I believe they need you.

March 25, 2012 at 6:08 p.m.
  • Typographical errors are very irritating, in a newspaper especially. Or, should we call it "grammatically incorrect sentence structure"?

When I was 19 years of age, back in 1979, I was turned down a job as "proof reader" for the San Antonio Express because I didn't know exactly how to mark the errors, and there were a bunch of them of which every one I caught.

Today, "proof reading" programs correct almost everything automatically, even in something as simple and obsolete as "Microsoft Word".

To misspell "Camaro" wasn't a typo. It was an absence of knowledge. The typing was done as the brain dictated, and twice at that. So, it wasn't a "typo" so to speak.

I just don't get it. Chris, if you need a proof-reader, I'll do it. I'm not cheap, though. I'm serious too. Bad grammar = poor credibility in the press and you know that. Let's raise the bar a bit.

March 25, 2012 at 5:59 p.m.
  • Was the camaro grey or silver?

March 25, 2012 at 5:07 p.m.
  • FYI VicAd... It is camAro not camEro!!! Ah!

LMAO@TxBlackLabelRx - I drive a camaro and that medical condition is funny!

March 25, 2012 at 5:06 p.m.
  • Ahh yes the medical condition called poormanscorvetteheavyfoottitus.

March 25, 2012 at 4:06 p.m.