Victoria Advocate wins 19 awards in state editors' contest
- unverified comments
Thank you for your submission.Error report or correction
DALLAS (AP) - The Victoria Advocate won 19 awards Saturday in the annual Texas Associated Press Managing Editors contest.
Here are the newspaper's winners:• Infographics, Robert Zavala, first place.
• Best video of greater than a minute, Frank Tilley and Todd Krainin, first place.
• Team page design, Scott Reyes, Meredith Cash, Camille Doty and Kassandra Lau, first place; Frank Tilley, Robert Zavala, Kayla Bell and Veronica Gonzalez, honorable mention.
• Best video of less than one minute, Angeli Wright, second place and honorable mention.
• Star Online Package of the Year, staff, second place.
• Business reporting, Dianna Wray, second place.
• News page design by an individual, Kimiko Fieg, second place; Lauren Hightower-Emerson, honorable mention.
• Feature page design by an individual, Kimiko Fieg, second place; Robert Zavala, third place.
• Feature series, staff, second place; Dianna Wray, honorable mention.
• Star Designer of the Year, Robert Zavala, honorable mention.
• Feature writing, Dianna Wray, honorable mention
• Comment and criticism, Todd Krainin, honorable mention
• Photojournalism, Angeli Wright, honorable mention.
• Best blog, Chris Cobler, honorable mention.
The Advocate competed against Texas newspapers ranging in circulation size from 30,000-124,999. The convention continues Sunday in Dallas.