Comments

• We should expect the best of care from any physician. If they cannot treat or diagnose a person these doctors should admit that they can't and send the patients to Houston where the BEST in medical care is available. Why is this doctor practicing in Victoria - simply because he wouldn't "make it" in a larger city where the best in physicians can be found. This doctor just simply, didn't care - the patient was a minority and he assumed that the family would "accept" his diagnosis - THANK YOU DOCTORS IN HOUSTON for helping this person. Victoria, get rid of this so-called doctor. He'll do it again to another patient. And, yes, I'd sue the heck out of this "so-called doctor". Check his credentials.

April 14, 2012 at 2:01 p.m.
  • It is sad when we cannot trust our local doctors. I grew up in a small town north of here, on march 5th my brother went to see the local doctor in this small town. He was complaining of chest pains. The doctor without x-ray told him it was a touch of pneumonia(spelling) and gave him a script for anti-biotics. My brother went home took the anti-biotic and died. The ems did cpr and transported him the the er. The doctor at the er told us that he died from heart failure. When we got his death certificate weeks later it stated that he choked to death on food. He was not eating when he passed. After looking at the death certificate we notice that the dr that called time of death at the er did not sign the death certificate, a local JP did. Looks like a huge cover up to me but what do u do?

April 11, 2012 at 4:59 p.m.
  • The new American dream,.....Sue somebody!

Very high IQ I'm sure

April 10, 2012 at 10:59 p.m.
  • On the bright side we wont have to worry about our poor healthcare coming from fat people.

April 9, 2012 at 11:29 p.m.
  • Labahia...Being "treated" for a desease you don't have and you and your insurance company being billed for tens (hundreds?) of thousands of dollars when you're not sick is the recipe for a lawsuit that is anything BUT frivilous. I cannot believe that tort reform would prejudice this case. If ever there was a case that cried out for litigation, this is it. While there certainly frivilous lawsuits filed, most are legitimate cases to redress greivous wrongs. This is such a case.

April 7, 2012 at 11:21 p.m.
  • The new American dream,.....Sue somebody!

April 7, 2012 at 5:40 p.m.
  • My mom and dad saw Dr. Qadri for their cancers. While they were being treated, I was diagnosed with cancer
    and sent to San Antonio for surgery. When it came time for treatment, I begged to be transferred to Dr. Qadri and Dr. Janssen because I trusted them Now, my other mother is going through treatment and I recommended she see Dr.Qadri. I feel comfortable she will get the best care available.

April 2, 2012 at 2:51 p.m.
  • I too experienced something similar to this recently. A Specialist here in town who never saw me or ordered any lab work on me diagnosed me with terminal cancer too. He did all this by looking at a scan. Over $40,000.00 in lab and tests billed to my insurance later concluded I DID NOT have cancer.

I totally understand where this lady is coming from.

Remember, people Baylor College of Medicine and MD Anderson is right in Houston. They have teams of Doctors who deal with Cancer everyday all day long. People from all over the world go there for evaluation, treatment and/or second opinions.
    NO referral is needed and you can make your appointment online.

April 2, 2012 at 9:02 a.m.
  • Law by media. Works in FL. why not in Victoria?

April 1, 2012 at 4:50 p.m.
  • It has amazed me the incompetence in Victoria, not in reference with this case but in general. I am more the type you gotta show me your skills than telling me.

Nothing like having someone claim they can hit the ball out of the park and they get up to bat holding the bat wrong.

April 1, 2012 at 2:40 p.m.
  • the legal system in texas is already stacked against the patient before it even begins.

god bless texas or something like that

April 1, 2012 at 2:21 p.m.
  • All I can say is, we (my family and others I am close to) have never had a misdiagnosis or any kind of inappropriate treatement from Dr. Sabbagh. Dr. Sabbagh is the best, and along with Drs. Chen, Chinea, Campbell, and Verma (Omesh) saved my father's life.

I don't know if the patient's allegations are true or not; that will be for the legal system to sort out. It will be interesting to follow.

April 1, 2012 at 1:21 p.m.
  • medical care in Victoria is 3rd world level IMO

if you must get medical care in Victoria be sure to get a second opinion from a out of town specialist asap

April 1, 2012 at 1:09 p.m.
  • Rick Perry's Tort Reform lobby has taken care of Ahmad, tough uphill legal road for Ms. Garcia here.

April 1, 2012 at 12:14 p.m.

April 1, 2012 at 10:19 a.m.