VISD students compete in state SkillsUSA competition
- unverified comments
Thank you for your submission.Error report or correction
Victoria students competed in the state SkillsUSA competition in Corpus Christi March 22-24.
Forty-one students from the Career and Technical Institute, Liberty Academy and East and West high schools attended the competition.
"We had several who distinguished themselves with second in state, third in state and superior ratings in state. We are very proud of them," CTE Principal David Lynn said.
Winners at the state competition include: • Alexia Flores, West High School, Very Good in Fantasy Nail Exhibit
• Kayla Flores, Liberty Academy, second place in Screen Printing Technology
• Mark Figueroa, East High School, third place in Automotive Refinishing
• Alyssa Garza, West High School, state superior in Fantasy Hair Exhibit
• Ashley Hoff, East High School, Best in Show in Culinary Arts Commercial Cake Baking
• Ann Keese, East High School, third place in Auto CAD Civil Design
• Enny Velasquez, West High School, bronze standard in Cosmetology Skills Technical Portion
• Jennifer Durham, Charles Graham, Christopher Tripp, of West High School; and Roman Medina, of East High School, won State Superior for the team project, "Gigatyme."
• Daniela Acuna, Jacob Castillo, Lousi Greubel, Darren Sepulveda and Jason Hinojosa, of East High School; and Esteban Mendez Jr., of West High School, received State Excellence for the team project, "Spy Car Crew."
• Paul Hernandez Jr., Hector Ortiz and Gregorio Villarreal III, of East High School; and Wylie Hobbs, of Liberty Academy, received State Superior on the team project, "Toxic."