Comments

• Debunker
    I'm not leaving anything aside, and neither should you when it come to this republican calamity. True Afghanistan WAS justified after 911 but W's Administration of these 2 wars was nothing short of Jimmy Carter's Desert One. And don't ignore the fact 911 happened on W's watch.

Truth is that W is the worst President in History. Not even Romney wants his endorsement or will get close enough to him fearing a photographer might snap a picture of these to buffoons together.

Also, i really lose sleep over you W apologist getting sick over the facts as i present them.

May 3, 2012 at 9:02 a.m.
  • Anyone can pin on a badge and act like DEPUTY DOG the cartoon show,but let actions speak for it self,, and I agree with BoyWonder ,if it,s not broke don,t fix it ,, keep up the good work Sheriff O,Connor,,from a citizen from yoakum, we have a good sheriff here in dewitt county,let,s hope he stays around ,, he,s also doing a super job,,

May 3, 2012 at 8:21 a.m.
  • GOPLC,

Leaving aside the argument of Iraq, lets talk Afghanistan. Just how is going after the people responsible for 9/11 "unjust" to use your words.

You make me sick.

May 3, 2012 at 3:22 a.m.
  • BoyW - do yearn for W's cataclysmic economy, murderous, unfunded and unjust wars?
    I for one don't and welcome his hope and change. There's a state called Wisconsin for those who miss the good ole days of republican prosperity.

May 3, 2012 at 1:50 a.m.
  • Might show tad of intelligence if these children of yellow dog democrats would quit voting for each other just because they sport the pantie's (R) like their daddies did that (D). Might even get a Texas governor or President capable of speaking in complete sentences.

May 3, 2012 at 1:42 a.m.
  • Q: What did one Mustache say to the other Mustache?
    A: This here town ain't big enough for the both of us"

Seriously, Hornstein cant win, He ain't got a Big enough "stache.
    ok ok ok... SERIOUSLY seriously...

brkt99 is kinda right. Change is a good thing at times. BUT ONLY if something NEEDS changing.

I'm with BoyWonder and TXWader on this one.
    "If it ain't broke... don't fix it.
    T Michael's doing a good job.

Not knocking Hornstein. He may be a good Sheriff too.
    Hell, Maybe he could be a better sheriff.
    But he also could be a worse sheriff. Not saying he is.
    Thing is, we don't KNOW what kinda sheriff Hornstein would be.
    We DO KNOW what kind of Sheriff O'Connor is.
    Until O'Connor Farks up. I'll stick with what I know.

May 2, 2012 at 9:23 p.m.
  • well they stole $28,000 tractor and equipment , and not a word about it on crime stoppers and no calls from detectives . its like they dont want anyone to know or they're to caught up in elections !!!!

May 2, 2012 at 9:17 p.m.
  • The deputies don't have time to find your tractor, drose, because they're too busy chasing illegals and such. I've never seen an agency so eager to call out the helicopters and the dogs. I wonder what that costs anyway?? I'd like to see our Sheriff focus more on things like rural thefts instead of amassing a bunch of costly military equipment and vehicles.

May 2, 2012 at 8:37 p.m.

May 2, 2012 at 7:09 p.m.
  • I would re-elect O'Connor if he promised to shave\trim that growth he calls a mustache...Reminds me of a walrus.

May 2, 2012 at 3:54 p.m.
  • This office is big enough for only ONE mustache....

Tried, tested, and true. Go git 'em, Sheriff O'Connor! And best of luck to you, sir!

May 2, 2012 at 1:05 p.m.
  • I want a Constitutional Sheriff, so I will support any one which supports, agrees with, and/or attends the "County Sheriff Project!" ...or is a member of Oath Keepers!
    Please, watch the videos on this site.
    ...
    Or read "The County Sheriff - America's Last Hope" By Sheriff Richard Mack

May 2, 2012 at 12:44 p.m.
  • maybe the new sheriff can find my tractor stolen from storage on loop 463 , they havent even tried to find it !!!!!!!!!

May 2, 2012 at 10:22 a.m.
  • @starbor: You might want to consider amending your rental contracts to include a clause stating that at no time will any property be given to a renter without a separate written and signed receipt by both parties. It's a shame the world has come to this...but it has. The law only cares about what can be proved, not alleged. Few DA's will entertain filing a case that has next to no chance of resulting in a conviction.

May 2, 2012 at 8:20 a.m.
  • I hope whoever becomes sherrif can get their deputies to uphold the law better than they do now. I have a rental property in which the tenants stole everything that wasn't bolted down(1200.00 marble bar, 800.00 couch, washer and dryer,curtains,waterhose etc). After going down to file theft charges, I was told by the sherrifs office that the tenants said " I gave them the furniture". After 2 months the sherrifs office and district attorney are still wondering if the case has merrit to take to trial. I have over 2000.00 worth of stuff stolen and I have to prove I didn't give the furniture to the tenants. What a world(town) we live in. Why don't we all just borrow something from our neighbor and never give it back and say they gave it to us. In this town ,it's your word against theirs.

May 2, 2012 at 7:33 a.m.
  • What BoyWonder said and I'll add that if it isn't broken don't try to fix it.

May 2, 2012 at 7:19 a.m.
  • And sometimes it's an unmitigated disaster! How is that Obama "change" working out for us? Sorry, but I'll stick with what we already have thank you very much!

May 2, 2012 at 12:30 a.m.
  • Sometimes Change is a good thing.

May 1, 2012 at 10:40 p.m.