Comments

• vet postings are becoming more and more confused such as the last one
    "
    "Like the belief system that just knew what the exact words were from a youth before he was shot."

Whose belief system has vet referred referred to here? I have seen no posting that claimed to know them. I speculated about what Zimmerman might say to justify a claim of fear for his life. Remember Zimmerman has been painted by Jackson Sharpton etal as a very evil, racist, brutal killer.

May 9, 2012 at 9:16 a.m.
  • Like the belief system that just knew what the exact words were from a youth before he was shot. What were those words again? Did they sound racist? "Does any one doubt that Martin used such "language"." Based on what? That is an abomination in the eyes of any decent human.

May 8, 2012 at 10:42 p.m.
  • To each, his own. I cannot dictate what anyone else thinks or believes, nor can anyone dictate to me what I should believe.
    I do not care what anyone thinks of me because them believing it does not make it so.

May 8, 2012 at 10:36 p.m.
  • It's human nature to take the evidence that is available and decide according to one's own beliefs.

But what kind of nature does it take to absolutely rip another person's beliefs, and declare them to be based on racial prejudice or worse? I think a very biased belief system, that thinks any difference from their beliefs are a sin and abomination and before God

May 8, 2012 at 10:22 p.m.
    Of course, it will be up to a jury and they will be the only ones that get to hear all the evidence, so what any of us think is a moot point.
    I personally lean more toward Martin because Zimmerman's story seems a little contrived to me. But, it is only my opinion.

May 8, 2012 at 9:47 p.m.
  • Mike: "...I don't know but I'm pretty sure it won't have a thing to do with Al Sharpton, the media or any other smoke screens the right is throwing out there..... Fact remains, Trayvon Martin was an unarmed teenager when he was murdered, "

Mike with this statement, YOU'RE the one who's politicizing the Martin case. He was killed. It's up to the jury to determine if his death was murder, but you have already convicted him. I thought you were the voice of reason on this forum and were not one to rush to judgement. Of course, you have written about his several years earlier assault charge and his anger management class like those have some bearing on this case. Here, you seem to be saying that "the right" is wrong and, by inference, the left -- liberal, democrat, progressive, pick one -- must be correct.

You wrote: "Nothing wrong with an opinion in a court of public opinion."

I agree with you completely. The problem is you (and Vet) seem to believe that only opinions that agree with your's count. Anyone who has a contrary opinion gets blasted as being quick to judge, prejudiced, bigoted, anything but calm and reasonable like the two of you.

I DON'T know what happened that night because I wasn't there. I do believe that Martin would be alive today and Zimmerman would still be on citizen's watch patrol if he'd stayed in his car and waited for a cop. I think the media has used this case to build ratings -- NBC kinda stepped in it, though.

"I don't know what's worse in the land of "wannabes " lawyers or vigilantes."

Isn't that what you're engaging in, Mike? Vigilante justice is swift and doesn't wait for a trial. You have already made up your mind that Martin was "murdered." Seeing as there was only one other person present, that pretty much makes Zimmerman your murderer, dosen't it? I would remind you that not all killings are murders. The cop wanted to charge him with manslaughter, NOT murder that night but didn't. The prosecutor, feeling great pressure, charged Zimmerman with second degree murder. It'll be interesting to see if she can make it stick. I don't know if an impartial jury can be found anywhwere in the state.

"

May 8, 2012 at 7:27 p.m.
  • A prudent man who actually has less knowledge than he thinks would be well advised to keep it to himself lest he become known for the fool that he is.

Many on here are obviously not following that advice.

May 8, 2012 at 6:44 p.m.
  • A prudent man keeps his knowledge to himself,
    but the heart of fools blurts out folly. Proverbs 12:23

May 8, 2012 at 5:01 p.m.
  • Does anyone doubt that Martin used such "language"? I hear worse language than that from the so called comedians on the cable channels. If I attributed words like that to Wanda Sykes for instance would anyone defend her. Or the old lady Moms Mabley. That is the way they make their living and the younger kids think it is cool to talk in continuous obscenities. The rap so called music that is played is full of obscenities. Every once in a while a live mike will pick up choice obscienties from the NBA players.

May 8, 2012 at 4:57 p.m.
  • OK, I'm really LOL!

May 8, 2012 at 4:52 p.m.
  • He always has great advise for others but just can't find a way to use any of it himself.
    As in the Martin vs. Zimmerman debacle, you are once again racing to conclusions in my paper boy story by using about 1/10 of the required information necessary to form a decent opinion. But that is what you do and that's fine. I don't have to respect it, I simply need to point it out so everyone that you try to buffalo gets a good picture of what really takes place here. Acting like a subject matter expert because you have internet access doesn't mean you are one.

Yes you take this silliness (including your deeply researched blogs) as serious as I consider them something to poke fun at. Which of us is wrong?
    The republican hating blogger or the exposer of blowhards. We may never know. LOL!

As long as we're both having a good time, who cares.

May 8, 2012 at 4:44 p.m.
  • Noted and Liberal very liberal Harvard Law Prof Alan Dershowitz had this to say about the Zimmerman charge. Dershowitz was advisor to the OJ “Dream Team”
    This affidavit,” he said, “submitted by the prosecutor in the Florida case is a crime. It’s a crime. If she in fact knew about ABC News’ pictures of the bloody head of Zimmerman and failed to include that in the affidavit, this affidavit is not the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.”
    He also took the prosecution to task for having used the passive voice — “a struggle ensued” — to describe the altercation that allegedly took place between Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin leading up to Trayvon’s death without adding pertinent evidence and details, such as whether Martin had been on top of Zimmerman, thus able to bash his head against the pavement as Zimmerman has claimed.
    The prosecution’s goal, Dershowitz explained, is to present all the details and evidence of the case in order to pursue justice, not merely to seek justice solely for one side of the case. And “you don’t indict based on false information,” he told Kelly.
    He reiterated that the case should focus on seeking justice, not necessarily on seeking “justice for Trayvon,” as the prosecutor has said. “Any reasonable judge,” he added, “would throw out second degree murder.”
    So why might the prosecutor have “raised the stakes” to his level? Dershowitz has a theory: when you elect prosecutors. She is a politically-elected person who was appointed to get Zimmerman. She was appointed to prevent riots. She wasn’t appointed to do justice; she was appointed to calm the situation down. That’s the problem We’re the only country in the western world that elects prosecutors. Prosecutors run for re-election based on how many people they put in jail. That doesn’t produce justice.

ALAN M. DERSHOWITZ is a Brooklyn native who has been called “the nation’s most peripatetic civil liberties lawyer” and one of its “most distinguished defenders of individual rights,” “the best-known criminal lawyer in the world,” “the top lawyer of last resort,” and “America’s most public Jewish defender.” He is the Felix Frankfurter Professor of Law at Harvard Law School. Dershowitz, a graduate of Brooklyn College and Yale Law School, joined the Harvard Law School faculty at age 25 after clerking for Judge David Bazelon and Justice Arthur Goldberg.While he is known for defending clients such as Anatoly Sharansky, C

May 8, 2012 at 4:44 p.m.
  • Mike,

Thank you for a valuable reminder. My biggest problem is the level of unabashed bigotry displayed by that "quote" and let it go unchallenged. You are right about some folks love the idea of fear because it gives them a nutty sense of power. When it really is just a plain old nutty sense.

May 8, 2012 at 4:39 p.m.
  • vet43

Remember not to fall into the trap of continuous loops of nonsense and straw man arguments. There are some banned posters that like to use this tactic to antagonize posters because they really don't have anything to contribute... If they get banned again, they'll just slip under the radar using a different name. This is all one big game for them.

Not everyone has the same level of fear; I for one, will not let what happened in Hallettsville change my daily habits.. I certainly don't want my neighbor calling me at 4:00 AM in the morning to tell me that we have a different paper boy...lol... I would personally tell that neighbor to keep his paranoia to himself.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”: FDR’s First Inaugural Address

My first two posts were aimed directly at the letter writer because he had a lot of inaccurate statements in his letter.

May 8, 2012 at 3:55 p.m.
  • Why would someone repeat such a vulgar quote from and "I heard" source? Would the poster care to repeat the post he made verbatim and let the readers interpret his reason for such an inflammatory rumored statement? I never claimed the poster used the insulting words. I stated it as fact. Made up threats and invisible knives do not constitute evidence.

It does prove one thing. Mike's post is dead on.

May 8, 2012 at 2:58 p.m.
  • I am the one vet keeps referring to that he claims put insulting words into Martin's mouth. I put the words in Zimmerman's mouth describing what he could say about the encounter. I saw one I "I heard that" Zimmerman did say those exact words in describing why he feared Martin was going to attempt to kill him.

May 8, 2012 at 2:24 p.m.
  • I do not know if Mr. Zimmerman is guilty. Only a jury will tell that.

The tone of some posts have used very offensive language (since removed) that put words in a dead youths mouth. He is dead and can not speak for himself but to put that vulgarity in his mouth is beyond the scope of decent citizens.

May 8, 2012 at 2:05 p.m.
  • Worse yet, people that ignore facts and choose rumor to try to make their case. A few of those plague the site.
    Everyone has their own MO. Some are clearer than others.

They also had enough to charge Zimmerman with...
    CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
    BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER

Or were they unable to convict him of those charges?

Most folks including myself do not like "Vigilante Justice" (your words). I have to assume most folks (again including myself) haven''t convicted anyone of that at this point. Well, except those that claim others are muddying the water here. Those same people (non-water muddying bunch) here were ready to convict based on one side of a situation screaming "we're right, they are wrong". Eventually they figured out there was much more to the story. It was unfortunately to late for them to change their story. Now they have to stand by it, trying with all their might to show how dirty mean and rotten Zimmerman must be. LOL!

Zimmerman needs a dream team or he is doomed. Period! This thing is much bigger than Zimmerman vs. The State of Florida. If some are afraid to admit that then they are welcome to that opinion.

May 8, 2012 at 1:09 p.m.
  • This posting had big time mixed messages in it.

"One thing about one- sided hypotheticals, they always favor the poster who presents them....When that doesn't work they obfuscate".( As forcefully shown by the message in the posting that quote was from)

I really noticed this on both sides. Even if it comes from a post that lists numerous reasons( none of them hard evidence) why the poster thought Zimmerman was guilty as sin. Really just some more opinion and you know what they say about opinions they are like armpits Everyone has them and most of them smell

May 8, 2012 at 12:16 p.m.
  • One thing about one- sided hypotheticals, they always favor the poster who presents them....When that doesn't work they obfuscate.

I will stick with the basics, unarmed teenager killed by someone who had a a gun and was preciously charged with the felony charge of" assaulting a police officer (CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
    BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
    2005-MM-010436-A-O
    ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL

It was later reduced to a misdemeanor after completing anger management classes...Did I mention the domestic abuse charge or being let go at a security firm for being too aggressive.

Those pushing for vigilante justice or " let the ends justify the means" will continue looking for smoke screens to support their case.

Did I mention that " Detective Chris Serino, of Florida’s Sanford Police Department, believed George Zimmerman should be charged with manslaughter for the February shooting of the unarmed 17-year-old in a gated community." I might add that the Florida prosecutor knows she has enough evidence to precede with "second-degree murder." charges... Will it be plead down,thrown out,or something else, I certainly don't know but I stated my personal opinion on day one in a personal blog... Nothing wrong with an opinion in a court of public opinion. Even if Zimmerman is acquitted,I based my opinion on the words of the detective & prosecutor, the backgrounds of the deceased and shooter, and yeah a personal dislike for vigilante justice.

I don't know what's worse in the land of "wannabes " lawyers or vigilantes.

May 8, 2012 at 9:55 a.m.
  • Mr. Zimmerman can only be found guilty of any crime by a trial verdict.

Mr. Martin was not found guilty of any crime in this incident unless it is a crime to look like someone that might do something illegal but he is not alive to be tried by a Judge and Jury.

May 8, 2012 at 9:32 a.m.
  • Fact (according to some posters on here) Zimmerman is guilty of murder. Trial? We don need no stinkin trial

May 8, 2012 at 8:56 a.m.
  • Fact:(According to a few posters)

A unarmed 17 year old male has been accused of criminal acts and been found guilty by rumor and sentenced to death.

Fact:

There are folks that live by the rule, "Kill them all and let God sort them out."

God help us.

May 8, 2012 at 8:39 a.m.
  • Here is a copy from a very reliable source. LOL!

The last statement in the affidavit...
    The facts mentioned in this affidavit are not a complete recitation of all the pertinent facts and evidence in this case but only are presented for a determination of Probable Cause for Second Degree Murder.

May 8, 2012 at 8:29 a.m.
  • If anyone has not read the Affidavit of Probable Cause,

Is this available on the internet?

May 8, 2012 at 8:18 a.m.
  • If anyone has not read the Affidavit of Probable Cause, I would suggest reading it, it is a stamped and dated document, and signed by a Judge, which is a one page document, and shorter than most comments on this issue…

May 8, 2012 at 7:59 a.m.
  • vet43 wrote:
    "I encourage everyone to carefully read and think about the last to posts by Jasonbourne and Bloomington. Think about their logic and compare it to real life. Do you want your children to grow up in their world?"

Wow! Where do you live? Mayberry?
    Cause that's got to be some great fantasy world you live in.
    You need to get your head out of the sand, this is "real life".
    Just look in your beloved VA recently, last week a fatality shooting on Regency, a grammer student attacking a teacher, two shot in Halletsville yesterday!!
    Or in your world do we need to just look the other way and hope all the bad disappears?

Do I want my kids growing up in this world? No. But unfortunatly this is the world they did grow up in, and did very well partly due to the fact they were taught how "real life" is from little on. And I'm sure they are teaching my grandkids this too.
    I'd love to live in a Mayberry world too, unfortunately it's quite unfeasible in this day and age.

As far as the Florida shooting goes I can relate to Zimmerman as a vigilant neighborhood watch as we've had vandalism in my neighborhood. Not to the extent of the home burglaries as they've had but enough to keep me vigilant and report anything "out of the ordinary"!
    And one of the first questions I always get asked by the dispatcher is "are they black, white, or mexican?".

And as the burglars in Florida were reported to be "young, black men wearing hoodies" Zimmerman, and the whole neighborhood, had every right to be suspicious that night.

May 8, 2012 at 7:58 a.m.
  • vet posted this earlier

Fact:

Mr. Zimmerman, a armed 28 year old male is alive.

Fact:

Mr. Martin, a unarmed 17 year old male is dead of a gunshot wound.

vet also asked about the kind of world we wish our children to grow up in? No matter what we wish they will have to grow up in the real world which can be a very mean world. Read the online Houston Chronicle almost daily there are reports of home owners shooting intruders. Joggers in parks being assaulted.
    Mob violence in US cities being fought by police. Bounties being posted by one group against members of other groups. ( Illegally of course but who seems to care?) The Zimmernan Martin case bringing out postings of "Good riddance" from one group and "Vicious execution from the other side" This is the real world that we all must live in.

the world that some on here constantly wish for is gone and and in reality probably never was.

May 8, 2012 at 7:25 a.m.
  • Check out this video on YouTube:

Sent from my iPhone

May 8, 2012 at 5:43 a.m.
  • 911 tape of Trayvon screaming for help and seconds later shots need to be explain . Zimmerman is not going to walk and this is not a self defense case .

May 8, 2012 at 4:59 a.m.
  • Folks,

May 7, 2012 at 9:45 p.m.
  • vet asks The 17 year old male was shot to death and only the armed male is left to tell the story of what happened. What would we expect him to say? "The 17 year old ran into my bullet and killed himself"?

All Zimmerman has to say is Martin approached him. Cursed him and told him he was going to get his knife and cut Zimmerman. ZimmermanFELT sufficiently threatened to used lethal force. Which the Florida law and the Texas law allows him to do. As vet writes the rest All the other pieces of information discussed here are nothing more than good old "I heard......" and can be put in the rumor file.

If this is correct Zimmerman walks , because there is no one to dispute .his testimony. Dead men tell no tales to dispute his testimony that Martin threatened him . Remember that Florida and Texas law CLEARLY give anyone who feel threatened the right to use lethal force.

FROM Texas law
    "A person is justified in using deadly force against another if he would be justified in using force under Section 9.31 of the statute when and to the degree he reasonable believes that deadly force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force, if a reasonable person in the same situation would have not retreated. The use of deadly force is also justified to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, rape or robbery."

Reasonable Belief is all that is required
    "It is not necessary that there should be actual danger, as a person has the right to defend his life and person from apparent danger as fully and to the same extent as he would have were the danger real, as it reasonably appeared to him from his standpoint at the time."
    "In fact, Sec 9.31(a) [of the Penal Code] expressly provides that a person is justified in using deadly force against another when and to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary."

May 7, 2012 at 9:05 p.m.
  • Yes we should be learning from each other.

Here is what I have learned from some here.
    Zimmerman is guilty of felony assaulting an officer - FALSE
    Zimmerman is a murderer - FALSE
    Zimmerman accosted, confronted, enticed (pick your favorite) - FALSE
    Zimmerman hunted Trayvon down like a dog in the street - FALSE
    Zimmerman shot Trayvon because he was wearing a hoodie - FALSE
    If those that made these outrageous claims can't remember making them, feel free to go back and read your comments. You'll soon start to remember making them.

I guess calling Zimmerman a murderer is not a rumor? Perhaps stating Zimmerman accosted, confronted or enticed Trayvon is also not a rumor?
    Maybe there is some evidence out there already the proves Zimmerman did not in fact defend himself? Maybe there is some more evidence that shows where Zimmerman actually accosted, confronted and enticed Trayvon?
    Just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you folks that have made these claims would please provide the link to the source for these claims, I would really like to see them.

I am very interested in keeping up with this case and learning what really happened. Blowhard accusations, slight and extreme twisting of stories to make Zimmerman appear more monster liike are not learnings I'm interested in taking away from these little comments.

BTW, Zimmerman was charged with felony assault of a police officer and Florida didn't pursue it. It all happened more then 6 years ago when he was 21 years old. He essentially "WALKED" from the charges. Was he convicted of anything in this situation?

Please facts only, insinuations and twisted stories are doing little for the conversation.

May 7, 2012 at 9:03 p.m.
  • The post I mentioned earlier has been deleted. There is no place in a civilized discussion for that level of racial hatred.

Now if there would be a few others that would use this thread to find common ground to understand different perspectives rather than poke someone in the eye with a stick we might stop throwing rocks and learn from each other.

May 7, 2012 at 6:13 p.m.
  • Glad to see the same folks that didn't require a trial, jury or evidence to convict Zimmerman a month or more ago haven't changed their stance. You know who you are you've made it abundantly clear.

Where is the evidence that Zimmerman "accosted, confronted, and now enticed" Trayvon into a fight. Some here use these nice little words but have little evidence to support it. I haven't seen it yet. Please provide the link that proves Zimmerman did this? Seriously, I must have missed it.

I for one will wait on this one but be very happy to try and counter the "guilty based on Al Sharptons rants" type of justice system the soft hearted sympathizers of Trayvon here can't wait to jump on board with.

First everyone was excited that zimmermans claims of having his head bashed "seemed" false because no one saw any inuries. Then a mystery photo appeared (that none of us know is real or not) shut up all the clods, including the Martin families attorney.

If you think Trayvon is just a child, think again. You obviously are way out of touch with modern day 17 year olds. Some here have mentioned 5 or 6 (at least) times about Zimmermans previous history with the law. He spouts that because there (at this time) isn't much else to run with and it's the only show piece he has. A misdemeanor, some community service and what else??? Dropped Case???

You spew about assaulting a police officer like he took the officers batton and beat him with it when nothing of the sort occured. He got his sentence, move along children.

We all are very aware of who you folks think is innocent and who you think is guilty. Please stop trying to act like you are waiting for the trial to start so you can form the opinions you formed back in March & April. LOL!

Hey everyone, Zimmerman assaulted a cop. The assault was so viloent the case was dropped. Could someone provide information showing how many days the cop missed due to the assault? The cops hospital visit? I don't know any of that either but am willing to bet even Florida doesn't hand out dropped cases to felony assault charges that have a shred of evidence to prove it. Seriously I didn't see that information.

I'll be happy to talk about non-issues all year if you want to keep bringing the insignifigcnt things up that mean nothing.
    Here go read Georges thoughts on the arrest, not that you would believe anything he says. The trial has long since ended for some of you folks here.

I thoroughly enjoy reading the writings of those that do exactly what they claim others shouldn't. They do it and they happily act as if they didn't. Funny stuff!

May 7, 2012 at 5:31 p.m.
  • I would ask the posters to please read Bloomington's 1:05 p.m. and pay close attention to the second paragraph. Would anybody else consider the words put in Mr. Martin's mouth inflamatory and racist? I feel this post is way over the top and should be addressed.

May 7, 2012 at 1:51 p.m.
  • I don't know how rumors fit into this, but a lot of people are intentionally making stuff up... This information is out there for everyone to read. it's funny thou; they don't want to discuss Zimmerman's "assaulting a police officer”, anger management classes he was required to take or his being fired from a security firm for being too aggressive...They would rather discuss NBC and a picture of the teenager....Not everyone blindly base their opinions on a picture and a doctored tape...BTW If Zimmerman had not been prompted,it would have been appropriate for him to say the person he was observing was black...I hear that on just about every cop show, heard it in the workplace etc...Being black is certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

TRAYVON DOD NOT MAKE IT HOME

" It was getting dark in Sanford, Florida as 17-year old Trayvon Martin hurried back to his dad’s girlfriend’s home, Skittles and iced tea in hand, in the light rain. He was in a hurry to reclaim his seat in front of the TV to watch the NBA All-Star game, slated to begin in just minutes, at 7:30 p.m. He was nearly within the confines of the gated community where the woman lived when a man got out of a car, some 200 yards away and began to pursue him. Trayvon never made it home that night. Instead, within minutes, shortly after 7:15 p.m., he took a 9-millimeter bullet to the chest at close range. "

What's going to weigh on the jury's mind more?....The picture some media outlets used and the doctored NBC 911 tapes or Zimmerman's words from his MySpace account (Mimi Herald) and Zimmerman's police records, coroner’s report, and a police detective words who said he had enough evidence to charge Zimmerman that night.... I don't know but I'm pretty sure it won't have a thing to do with Al Sharpton, the media or any other smoke screens the right is throwing out there..... Fact remains, Trayvon Martin was an unarmed teenager when he was murdered, despite the picture the media used, he was not ever charged with a crime that night, and should have been left alone to go watch the NBA All -Star game........ Question remains, can someone with a gun, entice someone into a fight and claim self defense? Yes, the Stand -Your- Ground law is being questioned.

Mr. Grover you might check that 100 pound difference because that's also untrue, not that it makes a difference.

May 7, 2012 at 1:42 p.m.
  • The thing that stands out to me is that Trayvon asked Zimmerman why he was following him and Zimmerman's response was "what are you doing here"?. Why didn't he just respoond that he was the neighborhood watch and he was just wondering who he was and what he was doing there?
    What he chose to do instead is be confrontational and by doing that, he put Trayvon on high alert. When Zimmerman went for his phone (if that is true), Trayvon probably thought it was a weapon and he thought he had to defend himself.

No matter how it went down, Zimmerman was responsible for the events that unfolded. He had no business chasing Trayvon like that, on a dark night, in the rain. That would spook anyone.

May 7, 2012 at 1:21 p.m.

May 7, 2012 at 1:05 p.m.
  • Fact:

Mr. Zimmerman, a armed 28 year old male is alive.

Fact:

Mr. Martin, a unarmed 17 year old male is dead of a gunshot wound.

May 7, 2012 at 1:03 p.m.
  • Goodness, how the facts keep changing and getting added to with no supporting evidence. This is the first time I heard that Trayvon made it back to the place he was staying and then went back to confront Zimmerman. Where did that come from?

May 7, 2012 at 12:52 p.m.
  • cattleman wrote:"I could be wrong - Martin could have walked over the Zimmerman's vehicle and asked him to get out..."

Actually this is more of the way I understand it. Martin made it back to his dads girlfriends house but then decided to go back and confront Zimmerman.
    This as it proved was not a good choice for him.
    Along with a few other choices he made between the time of him in the 12-13yr old innocent looking picture the media kept plastering till this confrontation with Zimmerman at 17. (Probably what Mr Glover is refering to in his letter)

May 7, 2012 at 12:33 p.m.
  • "The individuals who doctored the 911 tape have been fired, Justifiably so, but who is really that naive to think that it had a great impact on this case?"

Maybe not but it definitely showed the prejudice of a National News Org NBC. Do we really know that the individuals responsible were not quitely transferred to a less conspicuous position?

"I think a lot of us have gotten used to using or hearing race being a point of reference. I certainly have and I don't have problem with it. "

No problem with race being a point of reference in this case? Typical liberal view if nothing else

May 7, 2012 at 12:20 p.m.
  • Mr. Glover stated "However, it is totally irresponsible to show a picture of an eleven-year-old child who is now seventeen and over 100 pounds heavier that has been arrested time after time for illegal activity."

A rephrasing of words might be in order because "who is now seventeen" is irrelevant since Trayvon Martin's life ended on Feb. 26,2012...Are you really sure Trayvon was arrested or was he suspended from school for having a baggie that contained marijuana residue in his book bag, and graffiti?

Perhaps you missed took him for George Zimmerman and who was actually arrested for assaulting a police officer and had two other encounters with law enforcement.

I don't think our newspaper endorsed any political candidate where these talking points apply "It is time for that "hope and change" you so gullibly supported 4 years ago. A change to the truth. Hmm, what a novel idea.".....You are right a little truth is a novel idea.

The individuals who doctored the 911 tape have been fired, Justifiably so, but who is really that naive to think that it had a great impact on this case? I think a lot of us have gotten used to using or hearing race being a point of reference. I certainly have and I don't have problem with it. Now,it shouldn't be used as the individuals from that NBC affiliate did because "doctored" should never be acceptable. Of course, after hearing repeatedly of all the damage that doctored tape caused,I'm not surprised that some are using it to support their agenda.

May 7, 2012 at 11:47 a.m.
  • The Black Panthers were not there. Sharpton, Jackson, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, Fox News, Jimmy Cricket were not there. An armed 28 year old male was there. An unarmed 17 year old male was there. The 17 year old male was shot to death and only the armed male is left to tell the story of what happened. What would we expect him to say? "The 17 year old ran into my bullet and killed himself"?

May 7, 2012 at 10:49 a.m.
  • Cattleman you might very well be wrong. I thing that is one of vet precious "basic facts" that has is not out fro public comsumtion

May 7, 2012 at 10:44 a.m.
  • Actually it was only fifty years ago, but you still need to accept it.

May 7, 2012 at 10:32 a.m.
  • "Facs? We don need no stinking facs A white man killed a minority. thas all the facs we need."

A basic fact that was tried to be ignored by the media that Martin was a 6 feet 2 inch 160 pound male and not the very out of date picture of Martin. The 911 call that was altered by NBC was a very basic fact. vet as they say you : you can wish in one hand etc etc that "folks to take the politics out of a tragic death. " Sharpton Jackson Black Panther bounties posted Don't hold your breath and you better take a very large lunch if you are prep[ared to wait tioll this happens

May 7, 2012 at 10:31 a.m.
  • Well Tx - I could be wrong - Martin could have walked over the Zimmerman's vehicle and asked him to get out - but that isn't the way I understand it.

May 7, 2012 at 10:23 a.m.
  • The rightnecks just can't stand it that a white guy was getting away with killing a black, and almost did,until the media picked it up. Sorry Bubba, but the civil rights movement happened sixty years ago. Time to get over it.

May 7, 2012 at 10:21 a.m.
  • cattleman wrote:
    "it could have all been avoided if the armed man had not confronted the unarmed man"

Could you explain where you got this from?
    Where Zimmerman confronted Martin.

May 7, 2012 at 10:12 a.m.
  • Well said Vet! Also - it could have all been avoided if the armed man had not confronted the unarmed man.

May 7, 2012 at 9:59 a.m.
  • Mr, Glover,

Once you get past all the rants and raves, including yours, the basic facts remain the same. A 28 year old armed male shot an unarmed 17 year old male. The only "hope and change" I am wishing for is for folks to take the politics out of a tragic death. "Hope" is that a jury will find the truth and the families can find closure.

May 7, 2012 at 9:47 a.m.