Comments

• None taken, Bigmac.

Truth is, my whiskey sour could use more whiskey! :D

May 9, 2012 at 1:57 a.m.
  • SugarMagnolia
    I thought you would think it was a funny post. No disrespect intented.

May 8, 2012 at 11:58 p.m.
  • Thanks, blue_lake.

And, Archie, thank you too. You can nitpick at me all you want; I can take it. I DO admit I can be a stickler for correct grammar and spelling, but I honestly wasn't nitpicking anything here; just the story as originally written wasn't as comprehensive as the one up now, and it left me confused. But, thank you. I will proudly wear the label of nitpicker when appropriate.

Back to the story, I am glad they have suspects in custody.

May 8, 2012 at 2:16 p.m.
  • sorry for nitpicking the nitpicker.

May 8, 2012 at 12:52 p.m.
  • another small town comment... humm

May 8, 2012 at 10:26 a.m.
  • It would be better to die on the way to another hospital than to go to HMC!

May 8, 2012 at 9:19 a.m.
  • Seriously people? SugarMagnolia was just wanting to know the full correct story, and although some of us may not care as much as some people on here, do ya'll really have to act like 5 year olds? I swear these comments are just an excuse to some of ya'll older adults to argue anonymously. The comment SugarMagnolia made is probably the type of comments VicAd made comment posting for in the first place.

May 8, 2012 at 7:24 a.m.
  • Can't we all just get along? ;)

May 8, 2012 at 7:08 a.m.
  • Bigmac, you have no idea what I drink in the morning, or if I even drink in the morning at all.

But of course, the point of being a SugarMagnolia is to add a tinge of honey to all I say, as any gracious Southern belle would. I do admit I am not always successful, but I do try. It mostly depends on the audience.

So, how nice! And, by the way, I prefer Splenda.

May 7, 2012 at 9:49 p.m.
  • SugarMagnolia
    you just need some sugar to mix with that sour drink you drink every morning.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 7, 2012 at 8:28 p.m.
  • Countrychic, when the original article came out, it was only a couple of paragraphs. Sorry you didn't catch it early on. It clearly said that two were airlifted TO LMC. I was honestly confused, and was just wondering if that were true.

Archiebonkers, I was honestly not nitpicking, I have worked at LMC and lived in Hallettsville before, and as the article was written (before it was amended), it stated as I said before, that two were airlifted TO LMC; I was genuinely curious. I wasn't being nasty with VicAd, I did not blame anyone, or saying anyone was at fault. I simply asked a question. So you both can take your rude little responses and turn them back on yourselves, because my question was legitimate at the time. No harm was intended on my part.

May 7, 2012 at 6:47 p.m.
  • Protocol for your area may require based on the injuries that were caused by the gun shot wounds that they be airlifted. If the nearest facility is not able to treat that type of trauma and or if surgery is going to be immediately needed they would have to be transported to the nearest facility that is prepared to handle it. In other words if you have a broken bone but no bone doctor in Halletsville you would be transported the fastest way to the nearest bone doctor that could take care of it.

May 7, 2012 at 6:42 p.m.
  • Ditto what countrychic and Archie said

May 7, 2012 at 4:57 p.m.
  • verify yourself sugarmagnolia quit being a nitpicker.

May 7, 2012 at 4:32 p.m.
  • The article states that 2 people were airlifted to another hospital from LMC, not airlifted to LMC. No verification needed. Good job VICAD.

May 7, 2012 at 4:24 p.m.
  • AIRLIFTED? REALLY? From my estimation, West Park is about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile away from Lavaca Medical Center. Either they were airlifted to another facility in another town, or ambulances were (hopefully) used for transport. I have never known airlifts to be used for less than a mile trip to transport a patient...

Can you verify this, VicAd?

May 7, 2012 at 3:32 p.m.