Home » Siesta Restaurant to close its doors » Unverified Comments

Comments

• Love this resturant, and will greatly miss it. Hubbie liked to take me there as much as I loved going.
    Great service, great food,always greeted with a wonderful smile, and respect.
    Thank you all for bringing my meals to me with a happy spirit, and a dance in your steps.
    I will miss so much going there.
    May God bless each and everyone of you.

May 14, 2012 at 5:41 p.m.

May 13, 2012 at 4:58 p.m.
  • joysevenjoy,

Why do you believe people can't be honest and give their opinion?

Your attitude is a big reason this country is in the mess it is in. Not all players deserve a trophy in life you must earn your way.

I drive by Siesta every day at lunch and until word got out they were closing and Richard came back to help, the food was suffering and so were the crowds. The place was not packed at lunch like it used to be.

It is sad but I stopped eating there about 4 years ago when the McCall's was not as good as before.

I have heard the building will be occupied by another Mexican restaurant.

May 13, 2012 at 8:03 a.m.
  • Doesn't shock me, It's not even close to the same food it was back when they were on port lavaca hwy. Wish them the best though.

May 12, 2012 at 4:49 a.m.
  • I wish the Trevino family the very best. As a young man, my family ate at the restaurant and really enjoyed it. It was one of my dads favorite places. Obviously something changed since the original parents no longer ran it. Recently, we at there and I have to say it was the worst mexican food I have ever eaten. The re-fried beans were old tasting and crusty, as if a day or so old. The chips were stale and the sauce was NOT the "best hot sauce in town," by a mile. Don't want to be cruel, but when I left that night with my wife, I commented to her..... "I should ask for my money back." I am only being honest here.

May 11, 2012 at 10:24 a.m.

May 11, 2012 at 10:17 a.m.
  • I can remember ever so fondly when a meal at the Siesta was awesome....back in the late 60's up until mom and pop were not running things and the younger generation took over. I in no way intend to be mean or bitter, but the last three times I have been there, I am sure Bea would throw a fit if she would have tasted the food. The McCall's Enchiladas, always my favorite, did not even taste the same. I moved on to another favorite...."Bea's Special" when I visited the next time, and was horribly disappointed, skimpy on everything...tasted like a frozen TV dinner. I know the restaurant business is difficult but don't blame the failure of Siestat on the competition. The franchise Mexican Food restaurants in town cannot even come close to the quality and taste of the Siesta "back in the day". It is sad indeed since the local family restaurants always seem to be the best. I don't know what is planned for the location but am sure that if it is another restaurant, it will not come close to what Bea Trevino used to serve out of the kitchen she supervised. What a great woman!

May 10, 2012 at 10:47 p.m.
  • joysevenjoy, seems like I'm not the only one that has seen the place go downhill, so don't preach to me about how I'm an angry person and blah blah blah, theirs a revival tent across the river bridge, maybe they'll give you a job, my advice to you " Go build a bridge and get over it, peace out.....

May 10, 2012 at 8:45 p.m.
  • thank you for 56 years of honest service, you will be missed by many. 56 years that's a pretty good run. most restaurants close within five years.

May 10, 2012 at 4:22 p.m.
  • Mediocre food and horrible service should do this to any restaurant. I loved the place, food and service in the 60s & 70s on Pt Lavaca drive. Mr & Mrs Trevinio didn't ignore customers in need of service while anchored at the cash register like their kids.

May 10, 2012 at 11:30 a.m.
  • After eating there for years
    and enjoying the food, about 6 months ago the quality of the food became terrible. After the first time I thought it might have been a one time thing but one more try showed the same if not worse. I had been told this by other old patrons and then found out for myself. The McCall (my favorite for years)enchiladas changed to being so dry that that there was no flavor to them. Have not been back since but I am not surprised it closed.

May 10, 2012 at 9:30 a.m.
  • It is nice to know that people like the Trevinos
    make a mark in Victoria's history. 56 years in business and a wonderful family. I want to say Thank you and May God bless each of you with what ever you do in life. I would also like to say that the bible says "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." (Genesis 12:3 KJV) So people of Victoria be loving one to another. This town needs to spread love not hate. and Mr. Flyer74 you sound like a very bitter, miserable person. Look in a mirror and talk to yourself about WHAT exactly makes you say the things you say to and about people. I can bet this attitude you demonstrate is not very becoming of you, so take a long hard look at the man in the mirror. You might want to change your attitude of life overall. So may God bless you and have mercy on your soul. PEACE TO ALL OUR LAND CAUSE WE SURE NEED IT VICTORIA TEXAS!!!!! Peace out!

May 10, 2012 at 9:11 a.m.
  • The atmosphere was fine...but I never found the food to be all that good. Never had any problems with the service.

May 10, 2012 at 9:05 a.m.
  • Despite receiving some of the worst service ever by the heads themselves, I wish them the best, and as one of the them so rudely told me "We're not Mexican, we're Tex-mex."

May 10, 2012 at 8:29 a.m.
  • Good, the food is lousy and the service is not any better, all the food is served like it s been on the plate for a while...not freshly made if you know what I mean, some people like it cause they don't know any better, but a true person that knows what real mexican food is will eat somewhere else.

May 10, 2012 at 8:07 a.m.
  • It was my Dad's favorite place to eat and it soon became mine. I will miss the food, the excellent service and the people who work there.

Good luck to you all and thank you for all of the wonderful food you have served to me and to my family over the years.

May 10, 2012 at 7:37 a.m.
  • wow

some of the best mexican food in area

May 10, 2012 at 12:05 a.m.