Firefighters contain house fire on Brazos Street (video)

House fire, which originated in the kitchen of a home in the 1600 block of = East Brazos street, is under control, said Assistant Fire Chief Tracy Fox. = No one was injured.

No one was injured Thursday in a house fire on East Brazos Street.

Four residents at a home in the 1200 block of East Brazos Street evacuated the home uninjured when a fire broke out in the kitchen at 4:51 p.m., said Victoria Fire Battalion Chief Shannon Martin.

The cause of the blaze appeared to be grease left on the stove, Martin said. Most of the fire had burned down by the time firefighters arrived, but smoke was still coming from the back of the house.

Fire damage was limited to the stove and the area immediately around the appliance, and there was light smoke damage throughout the house, Martin said.