Oven fire damages apartment

  • Print
  • comments
  • Report an error Report error
    • Thank you for your submission.
      Error report or correction
      Contact name (optional) Contact phone/e-mail (optional)  
      Sending report
    • Close

A fire that began in an oven caused minor damage to an apartment at 910 N. Washington St. on Thursday night.

The Victoria Fire Department responded to the call about 9:35 p.m. Victoria Police were already on scene and had knocked down the fire with extinguishers, said Battalion Chief Shannon Martin.

The kitchen area sustained some minor fire damage and there was some smoke damage throughout the rest of the apartment.

Firefighters were on scene for about an hour. No injuries were reported.



  • Print
  • comments
  • Report an error Report error
    • Thank you for your submission.
      Error report or correction
      Contact name (optional) Contact phone/e-mail (optional)  
      Sending report
    • Close