Comments

May 23, 2012 at 8:27 p.m.
  • was it really a pit bull?

May 23, 2012 at 4:32 p.m.
  • I smell a fatal funnel series coming on...perhaps another award for something I did not read....

May 23, 2012 at 11:30 a.m.
  • Pit bull headlines are getting old. We know the breed and that attacks are common. Something like "Man mauled to death by toy terrier" would an interesting read however.

May 23, 2012 at 10:35 a.m.
  • Had some trouble with some feral dogs once - 30-30 center fire - 150 grain!

May 23, 2012 at 9:39 a.m.
  • You mean the owner had his dog unrestrained knowing full well someone might come look at one of his cars. There's your problem right there.

May 23, 2012 at 9:36 a.m.
  • In typical VicAd fashion, they left out the most important piece of information. What was the make and model of the car? Maybe it was a 69 GTO and the puppy just could't stand to see it go?

May 23, 2012 at 9:36 a.m.
  • OK, I am confused...someone has already died due to a pit in Victoria county and this continues to happen? I guess when it happens to one of the "leaders" of Victoria county's family members maybe then something will be done to minimize this kind of thing from happening. DO SOMETHING! ANYTHING!

May 23, 2012 at 8:46 a.m.
  • County needs to start euthanizing the owners.

May 23, 2012 at 8:45 a.m.
  • Again the question needs to be tendered. Who is paying for the attack victims medical bills? Only seems fair that the dog owner should be held both Financially and legally accountable. Should be made to pay pain and suffering too. Maybe if we make it expensive to own these murderous beasts then people would not feel the need to own them.

May 23, 2012 at 8:44 a.m.
  • No citation issued for no proof of rabies vaccination or harboring a dangerous animal? No enforcement. No dog owner responsibility.

When is enforcement going to do it's job?

May 23, 2012 at 6:32 a.m.

May 23, 2012 at 1:28 a.m.
  • No way! I'm shocked........

May 23, 2012 at 1:14 a.m.
  • Praying for this young man.

May 23, 2012 at midnight
  • Debunker,

Your badgering of wpwentzell is pretty much uncalled for.

The original article only listed the location of the attack as well as that the victim was driven by private vehicle to the Telferner Store. The only other information that was in the original article was that there would be more information as it would become available. Only later in the day did VicAd give more information.

May 22, 2012 at 10:44 p.m.
  • Ignorance is all I can say. With all of the negative news about pits lately, why in the "heck" do people still think it is OK to let their pits come in contact with the general public, or anyone, for that matter?
    I was at Sonic the other night and a PU pulls up and parks right besides us, with a brown pit in the back. When the girl came out to bring us our order, I saw her face go white and she hesitated. She did not want to walk by that PU, but had to do her job.

May 22, 2012 at 10:32 p.m.
  • Why would the dog b off the chain if someone was coming to look at a car???? N dog owners seem to b just putting down the dogs that bite so they don't have to face charges. The dog owners STILL need to face charges. STUPID DOG OWNERS!!!! That dog is probably chained all the time n that is why he attacked.

May 22, 2012 at 9:08 p.m.
  • The government can't take away the people's right to own a pit bull.

May 22, 2012 at 9:02 p.m.
  • Victoria : Bring your PITBULLS !

May 22, 2012 at 8:43 p.m.
  • Yes don't delete the offender(s), DISABLE all of it!! Behold my glory!!!

May 22, 2012 at 7:30 p.m.

May 22, 2012 at 6:55 p.m.

May 22, 2012 at 6:45 p.m.

May 22, 2012 at 6:40 p.m.
  • Countryman: " I generally have my dog on a chain, but not today."

I generally look both ways before crossing the street, but not today.

I generally make sure my gun is unloaded before cleaning it, but not today.

I generally obey the speed limit, but not today.

I generally use a parachute when I skydive, but not today.

I generally obey the law, but not today.

I generally am smarter than this, but not today.

May 22, 2012 at 6:35 p.m.
  • The encounters I've had with my neighbors dogs and the 2 times I've call the law on them....he also said they are always tied up....which is always BS....

May 22, 2012 at 6:33 p.m.

May 22, 2012 at 6:29 p.m.
  • this is not news anymore just a common thing for Victoria county citizens.

May 22, 2012 at 3:03 p.m.
  • Any details on ownership of the dog? This kind of pit bull-inflicted injury sounds strangely familiar in Victoria city limits in recent times....

May 22, 2012 at 2:49 p.m.