Comments

• I hope Mr. Alvarez not only has the best interest of his constituents in mind, but the best interest of the city as a whole. For now and in the distant future. Too many times we have had a council that "has the blinders on" and we end up having to pay for it later. If previous councils had the guts to do what was right for the community, not just what a few loud-mouth-squeaky-wheels in their districts said was right, then Victoria would be a much better place. IMO.

I am going to try and keep an open mind in how Emett is going to operate within the chambers, but there is a nagging part of me that says he's going to turn this into a circus and it could get very ugly very quick. If you would like to know what I mean, look at oneleg's last comment. It's sad to have to say this, but not everyone speaks in innuendos and insinuations, especially our jerk of a mayor. He's pretty much in your face.

I thought Denise did a pretty good job. Never heard any complaints, except of course from Emett over the water treatment plant. I guess he is hard of hearing or has a very thick skull. Anyway, I hope it remains civil and not devolve into an episode of Jerry Springer.

May 25, 2012 at 2:25 p.m.
  • Recount Retrospection: http://bit.ly/KR998j

May 25, 2012 at 1:45 p.m.
  • I don't believe you

May 25, 2012 at 11:45 a.m.
  • americafirst ~ normally people would of said, “I look forward in working with him “what did he really mean “working with him in his seat as a councilman”. Secondly, Mr. Alvarez a long time good friend of mine will do an excellent job on council. We have work on so several projects in this community;that its more likely he won’t be disappointing to me or his constituents

May 25, 2012 at 11:02 a.m.
  • Denise Rangel was my council person. I had reason to contact her and she not only took care of situation, she kept me informed along the way. Things change so I hope Mr. Alvarez will also listen and work for the people he was elected to serve. I have no reason to believe he will not. Thank you Denise Rangel for your service to my area and good luck to you.

May 25, 2012 at 10:10 a.m.
  • GOP_LoveChild

How is it you assume that she's not my council person? She was!

May 25, 2012 at 7:13 a.m.
  • advoc8or
    "The voters have certainly retired her"  Sure, all three of them. I don't know or care as to what's you problem with her since she's not your councilperson but you sound like you could use some "happiness and improved livability"

May 25, 2012 at 7:03 a.m.

May 25, 2012 at 6:59 a.m.
  • advoc8or--"in what minority" are you talking about? Looks like you've got an axe to grind and it's not about city council..
    oneleg--if the mayor had said, he looked forward to working with him as an individuual, you would have said "and not as a councilman"...Can anything he says or does make you happy? It'll be interesting to see how long Emmett makes you happy.
    Can't everyone just work together for the betterment of Victoria? Isn't that the goal everyone should have?.

May 25, 2012 at 2:10 a.m.
  • The Mayor's comments have always been condescending toward those who go against him and his wishes. And as for Denise, I hope she finds happiness and improves her liveability. The voters have certainly retired her.

May 25, 2012 at 1:34 a.m.
  • Our Mayor Armstrong said:
    "I congratulated Mr. Alvarez, and I'll be looking forward to working with him in his seat as a councilman."
    Hum, wonder if he just looks forward in working with him only in capacity of councilman and not as an individual?
    Armstrong also said he expects more "interesting and fun things" to deal with as the council continues working together.
    I really don’t consider this recount fiasco, neither fun nor interesting; and hope they all work for the best interest of their constitution who voted them in.
    Our city attorney Thomas needs get up to speed in enforcing the Robert’s Rule of Order. No councilperson needs consensus on putting an item on the agenda. That’s just one of many violations that are going on at the council meetings.

May 25, 2012 at 12:25 a.m.
  • Great. I'm happy that Emett kept his seat on the council and glad to see Rangel gone. She has done little for her constituents and did as the Mayor instructed her. It is going to be very interesting to see the Mayor squirm when he is no longer going to have it his way. He is going to get a taste of being in the minority.

May 24, 2012 at 10:46 p.m.