Comments

• How about a nice mustache trimming celebration with that big red?

May 30, 2012 at 1:28 p.m.
  • dude's investigators are the best

May 30, 2012 at 10:20 a.m.
  • I'm sure the pats on the back were earned but the fact remains, I was robbed, the robbers admitted to taking the stuff "said it was given to them"and nothing is being done. I guess if you want more of that then hurray!

May 30, 2012 at 9:51 a.m.
  • Congrats Sheriff O'Connor! You've done such a great job and I'm happy to see you able to continue to make a difference..

May 30, 2012 at 8:45 a.m.
  • YES! Congratulations to Sheriff O'Connor! This is an outstanding moment for Victoria County.

I also want to thank Mr.Hornstein for running a clean campaign and for having the fortitude to run against such a giant of law enforcement.

As I said, though, there is room enough for only one 'stache in this county.

Great job, Sheriff O'Connor!

May 30, 2012 at 7:44 a.m.
  • I agree with Ron...this is a win for Victoria County.

May 30, 2012 at 7:13 a.m.
  • I add my congratulations, also. Mr. O'Connor works tirelessly for Victoria County.

In an aside - the number of voters participating in this election remains depressingly low. With the availability of absentee voting, early voting, etc., our numbers should be much higher. I do not think this is confined to just our community/county; I feel it is indicative of the attitude across the nation. While I am happy my candidate won the primary, I know it doesn't always work like that. SOMETHING needs to galvanize voters, not just locally, but nationally as well. Locally, while it is too late for the primaries, for contested races, why can't the opposing parties put together an "Evening in the Park" and give the voters the opportunity to come out, meet the candidates, ask pertinent questions to find out the candidates' views on differing subjects. That would make us all more informed voters, and less likely to continue with all this status quo voting that goes on year after year with no changes.

As the kids say..."just sayin"...

May 30, 2012 at 7:11 a.m.
  • Congratulations to Sheriff O'Conner not only a win for him personally. A win for Victoria, thanks for all the good work Mr. O'Connor

May 30, 2012 at 5:51 a.m.