Comments

• Mike, I am amazed at the you members of the party of Abraham. (The patient biblical Abe, that is.) You guys do have patience. In 72, ya'll were sent into political exile after Nixon kicked your d butts out of Texas. I think back then you called it a rebuilding year. Then the "Duk" in the tank was once again made a laughing stock by Bushy. And ya'll said wait until the next recount. 2000 and your Dems leave Texas because they couldn't reshape the political map, because the bad Rs wouldn't play with you. And the most embarrassing patient story is your sending your most promising Victoria legal mind over to the Victoria R to run for District Judge as a Republican. You Ds are a patient group. Hate to tell you... there are not enough years left in the sun's life time before you Ds ever regain political control of Texas. It makes no difference if the Ds have 20,000,000 new demographics in Texas and the Rs have only 1,000,000 old coggers. The new demos still will not vote. AND HA!, Mike you will have to keep on waiting for the long term. Keep being patient as your Texas Party continues to slave away in the politics of "long term". Oh, by the way,which telephone booth will all the voting Ds in Texas be having their State Convention in? Patience!!!!!!!!!!

May 30, 2012 at 10:36 p.m.
  • Dale Zuck III

Last one for the night I promise but you mad so many good points..:-)
    You posted "Do you really think I support Romney as the new standard bearer of Republican ideals? HaHaHa. This fella will end up on the same footnote as John McCain. Do you suppose Santorum was promised the establishments standard bearer position for dropping out earlier this year?

No,I don't think you support Romney,you saw through the charade during the debates when he and the Ricks were the butt of the GOP debates...Romney will be whatever you want him to be until yesterday;now he is your nominee...He and Paul Ryan are already going at it over the budget because he said he wasn't going to make drastic cuts but regardless the sequester will spell it out for him...I thank Romney for giving the Dems the pattern for the health care plan and I just saw some tape where he said he said that he was a Keynesian but that was then... Mr. Chameleon will do your party proud..lol..Oh,yeah he was against the GM bailout before he was for it..:-)

Have a good evening..I'm done but you still remain as one of my favorite conservative Republicans...I hope that doesn't hurt your rep..lol..You are a good sport and a great guy.

May 30, 2012 at 5:04 p.m.
  • Dale Zuck part II

Ronnie McDonald,John Sharp(GOP lite) regardless of college attended; Gov. Perry also went to A&M are a dying breed not people for Democrats to bulid on..IMO There is a lot more to a politcal party than money, that's the Conservative Republican sacred text...Their platforms are 180 degrees apart and I prefer that way. It's not the Democrat label ;it's about what we stand for as a whole..IMO
    I would rather you stick with the GOP..:-) But you who vote for is your business.

It's all about building blocks and you can keep the ad nauseam "fiscal conservative" in the GOP.

Have a good one

May 30, 2012 at 4:22 p.m.
  • Dale

You are thinking short term...I'm thinking 2016- and then 2020 when districts get redrawn,so active participation has a fighting chance...What are the demographics of GOP? They will die out soon,voter turnout was good for Victoria but poor for Texas as a whole. Unfortunately the DNC won't finance campaigns in red states right now but you can get as complacent as you want....... at your peril...:-)

Think Virgina and remember when is was a solid red state and so was the West but no more.

Texas is a huge state and the DNC is watching the gains...Did you see how many votes President Obama got in a red state? I think he beat your man Ron Paul by 345,552 votes 517,540 to 171,988...You have to look at the bigger picture other than what a few select friends agree to..IMO

May 30, 2012 at 4:08 p.m.
  • Oops, Mike.. Forgot your thought about the new demographics. To answer your new demographics, they do not vote. They have not voted. And it seems nothing will ever get the "new demographic" to vote. A number of my friends are shaking our heads after seeing recent voting patterns. How can they get representation or change anything, if they do not vote or become active?

May 30, 2012 at 3:35 p.m.
  • What are you disappointed about writein?. That I like Ronnie McDonald?(After all he is an Aggie. He is a fiscal conservative. He shares a number of my social beliefs.) Or is it that I hope that the Texas Democrat Party and the National Party become more fiscally conservative, while retaining its base in protecting human rights?)

And Mike, I visited with Ronnie at the Goliad Stock Show. I thought he always was a Democrat. If I recall he worked for John Sharp. (One of my favorite democrats. Of course, an Aggie too.) And the Republican Party has reverted to the Party of moderate left compationate conservative Bushes, etal. Let us not even mention free money for every corporation and local agency through Federal grants, which no one ever has to repay.

I'd gladly vote for a D Party full of Ronnie McDonalds and John Sharps, if I could find it.These kinda guys are no longer welcome in my R Party.

May 30, 2012 at 3:28 p.m.
  • Dale

Now you think the Democratic Party needs to shift to the right and be a Republican light?...No,the new demographics will help the Texas Dems align themselves with the national DNC and start winning districts..McDonald is a Republican who cannot win in a GOP district and then he went and lost badly because the real Dems smelled it out...he's a man without a home...IMO

BTW Ronald Reagan left office 30 years ago;don't you think it's time for the GOP to find a new leader? ..:-)

May 30, 2012 at 1:32 p.m.
  • Dale Zuck.

I am surprise by your statement.

Mr. J. Williams

May 30, 2012 at 1:10 p.m.
  • Ronnie has/will make a very good representative. Too bad it will not be now. If the Texas Democratic Party ever wants to be anything more than an ear mark in the Texas history page, it has to return to the right. Otherwise, up and coming leaders like Ronnie McDonald will be forced to come over to the leftward -moderate drift of the Republican Party. (Ron Reagan, where are you when we really need you?)

May 30, 2012 at 12:56 p.m.
  • I agree with Writein. Judge McDonald would have been a great Congressman. If Democrats wanted any shot at picking up some rural conservative voters to win the race in November, Judge McDonald would have been the person to do it.

May 30, 2012 at 8:45 a.m.
  • It is ashamed that County Judge Ronnie McDonald lost this primary election especially when he is known for his leadership during the great grass Fire in Bastrop last year. I hope the Texas Democrats will get their collective head of their rears and draft McDonald to replace Rick Perry in 2014. My choice is easy for the run off and that is Mrs. Rose Harrison.

Mr. J. Williams

May 30, 2012 at 1:46 a.m.