May 31, 2012 at 12:31 a.m.
INEZ - Fire damaged a storage closet in a home on Thomas Lane in Inez at 11:30 a.m. Thursday. The fire, which started when live wires ignited towels, was contained to the closet, Victoria County Fire Marshal Ron Pray said. No injuries were reported.
"They were really very fortunate they discovered the fire when they did," Pray said.
Arrested • VICTORIA - Jonah Anthony Rivera, 28, of Victoria, surrendered to deputies Thursday on warrants charging him with felony violation of probation in a manufacturing or delivery of a controlled substance case and violation of probation in a driving while intoxicated case.
• VICTORIA - Carolyn Teresa Hinojosa, 37, of Victoria, by officers Thursday on a warrant charging her with theft.
• VICTORIA - Miguel Escalante, 22, of San Marcos, by deputies Thursday on warrants charging him with four counts of engaging in organized criminal activity.
• VICTORIA - A 34-year-old Victoria woman by officers Wednesday on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance, three counts of felony endangering a child and possession of marijuana.
• VICTORIA - A 21-year-old Victoria man by officers Wednesday on suspicion of assault.
• VICTORIA - A 31-year-old Victoria man by officers Wednesday on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance.
• VICTORIA - Schara Garcia Fuentes, 27, of Victoria, by deputies Wednesday on warrants charging her with two counts of felony possession of a controlled substance.