This week's fishing report
• TRINITY BAY: Trout are good under the birds. Trout are good for drifters working pods of shad and mullet on Bass Assassins, Trout Killers and Sand Eels. Redfish are good at the spillway on crabs and mullet.
• EAST GALVESTON BAY: Trout are good under the birds. Trout are good on the south shoreline on topwaters and soft plastics. Redfish have been mixed with trout.
• WEST GALVESTON BAY: Sheepshead, redfish and black drum are good at the jetty on shrimp and crabs. Trout are good under the birds in the afternoon.
• TEXAS CITY: Redfish are good at the mouth of Moses Lake on shrimp. Large sand trout are good off the piers and dike. Flounder are good along the ship channel on mud minnows and Gulps.
• FREEPORT: Sand trout and sheepshead are good on live shrimp on the reefs. Bull redfish are good at San Luis pass on cracked blue crabs. Flounder are fair to good around the pass on jigs tipped with shrimp and finger mullet.
• EAST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are good for drifters on live shrimp over humps and scattered shell. Redfish are good on the shorelines on small topwaters.
• WEST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair on shell and grass on soft plastics. Flounder are fair to good on soft plastics over muddy bottoms at the locks. Redfish are good around Shell Island.
• PORT O'CONNOR: Trout and black drum are good on the reefs in San Antonio Bay on live shrimp. Trout and redfish are fair on topwaters over soft mud in waist-deep water in San Antonio Bay.
• ROCKPORT: Trout are fair over grass while drifting with live shrimp. Redfish are fair to good on the Estes Flats on mullet and shrimp. Flounder are fair to good along the edge of the ICW on Gulps.
• PORT ARANSAS: Redfish are fair to good on the East Flats on topwaters and Gulps. Flounder are good for waders near Pelican Island on mud minnows and Gulps.
• CORPUS CHRISTI: Redfish are fair to good around Shamrock Cove on small topwaters and spoons. Black drum and redfish are good in the Humble Channel on crabs and table shrimp.
• BAFFIN BAY: Trout are fair to good in mud and grass on Corkies and topwaters. Redfish are good in the Land Cut on natural baits. Trout are good on deep rocks on plum and black plastics.
COMPILED BY BINK GRIMES