Midterm graduation scholarship offered to high school students
Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:26 a.m.
• WHAT: Mid-Term High School Graduation scholarship
• WHEN: Applications must be postmarked by Dec. 7.
• WHERE: Applications may be picked up in Room 109, Pre-College Programs Office, Student Services Building, 2200 E. Red River St.
• SEND: Completed applications should be mailed to: Victoria College ATT: Melissa Robinson 2200 E. Red River St. Victoria, Texas 77901
• NOTE: For more information about the scholarship, please call the Pre-College Programs Office at 361-582-6823.
High school students who expect to graduate in December and who intend to enroll at Victoria College after graduation are eligible to apply for the college's Mid-Term High School Graduation scholarship.
In addition to a completed scholarship application, students should submit an unofficial copy of their high school transcript along with a letter of verification from their high school counselor confirming the expected graduation date.
An official Victoria College application should also be submitted, along with applicable test scores from exams such as the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills or the Texas Higher Education Assessment.
"Our goal for this scholarship is to encourage midterm graduates to apply at VC and get started on their college education right away," said Melissa Robinson, director of pre-college programs. "Even graduates who may not have a clear picture of where they want to go in the future should start at VC so we can help them identify their educational and career goals according to their strengths and interests."