Cemetery tour available Friday, Saturday
Oct. 24, 2012 at 5:24 a.m.
A GRAVE SITUATION
The people whose graves at Evergreen Cemetery are part of the ninth annual Victoria Preservation cemetery tour, and the actors portraying that person, include:
• George Hermann Hauschild - Wendall Wilson
• Clarence St. Elmo Holland - Tim Hornback
• Thomas Newton Fleming - John C. Kisalus
• Margaret Wright - Jeaninne Atzenhoffer
• Gilbert Onderdonk - Anthony Pedone
• Hiram G. Austin - Gary Hall
• Ella Viola North Jordan - Susan Morrison
• James A. McFaddin - Joe Baugh
• Anna Arnold Lenz - Barbara Kennedy
• Mary Augusta Cunningham Vandenberge - Mary Stahoviak
Advance tickets are only $12 and available at Rogers Pharmacy, 4402 N. Laurent St., Shop The World, 6902 N. Navarro St., Museum of the Coastal Bend, 2200 E. Red River St., Devereux Gardens, 1313 N. Navarro St. and the Victoria Preservation Office, 205 W. Goodwin St.
For more information, call 361-573-1878.
Looking for a good haunt to hang out in this weekend?
Join Victoria Preservation Inc. for its ninth annual cemetery tour and hear "Tales Told at the River's Edge."
Experience actor portrayals of 10 historic figures from Victoria's past as they recount tales of their lives and deaths.
The tour will be at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Evergreen Cemetery on North Vine Street at Red River Street.
"This is one of the ways Victoria Preservation uses to keep the history of our community alive," said Gary Dunnam, executive director. "I think the tours have gotten better each year, and we've had to add an extra night due to the demand for tickets."