Monday, November 24, 2014




Advertise with us

House fire accidental, family homeless

By chirst
Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:26 a.m.


To help: Donate to an account under "Tyra Garley" at TDECU or call Joe Barefield at 361-218-7258.

The house fire Thursday in the 1300 block of Vogt Road was determined to be accidental by the Victoria County Marshal's Office.

"We went over there today and dug through the remnants of the house. Because the fire progressed so far through the house, it is hard to tell where the fire started but we do know that it was electrical in origin and there was a short in the wall," said Fire Marshal Ron Pray.

The house was a total loss.

Pray said the house was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived on scene, possibly because it may have taken a while for the occupants to notice the fire.

Pray also said heavy winds on Thursday made it more difficult to extinguish the fire.

The seven people, including children, who were living in the home have three days in a hotel room furnished by the American Red Cross Crossroads Chapter, said Linda May, emergency services director.

Joe Barefield, brother of Cynthia Garley, the homeowner, said the family does not yet know where they will live.

SHARE

Comments


Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia