Goliad Relay for Life on Saturday
April 3, 2013 at 7:04 p.m.
Updated April 2, 2013 at 11:03 p.m.
To attend Relay for Life
• WHEN: 6 p.m.-midnight Saturday
• WHERE: Goliad Courthouse Square
• COST: Free, donations accepted
schedule and events
• Zumba: 9:30-10:15 p.m.
• Games: Beanbag toss, washer toss, goldfish game, Go Fish and a duck pond available all night for a small donation
• Hot dogs: 5-6 p.m. for a small donation.
• Movies and a nail painting: 7 -8 p.m.
• Cake walk: 8 p.m.
• S'mores: 8-9 p.m.
• A high-heel race lap: 9 p.m.
• Bra pong: 10-1 p.m.
• Basketball game: 10 p.m.
• Silent auction: closes at 10 p.m.
The Goliad Relay for Life will be Saturday on Courthouse Square, according to a news release by Debra Barker, vice-chair for the committee.
The ceremony will start with an invocation and speeches by the honorees, followed by the survivor's lap, with a wagon available for those who cannot walk.
The ceremony will include honorees Deborah Gamblin, Andy and Romana Garcia, Dwight Michael, Nancy Rader and Amanda Sparks. Memorials will include Stella Davis, Eloisa Garcia, James Johnson Sr. and Dennis Pesek.
A survivor dinner will be at the Empresario Restaurant at 7 p.m. Area survivors who have not received an invitation can register at the relay.
The Luminary Ceremony will be at dusk and luminaries can be donated during the relay.