This week's fishing report
• FREEPORT: Sand trout and sheepshead are good on live shrimp on the reefs. Black drum are good at the jetties on cracked blue crabs.
• EAST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair for drifters on live shrimp over humps and scattered shell. Waders have found better water on leeward shorelines. Redfish are fair to good on the edge of the Intracoastal on crabs and mullet.
• WEST MATAGORDA BAY: Redfish are fair to good on the edge of Oyster Lake on shrimp and crabs. Trout are fair on shell and grass on soft plastics and live shrimp. Black drum are fair to good at the jetty on crabs. Trout are good for waders on the south shoreline.
• PORT O'CONNOR: Trout and redfish are good on topwaters over grass in waist-deep water in San Antonio Bay. Trout and redfish are fair for drifters working the back lakes with live shrimp.
• ROCKPORT: Trout are fair to good in Morris-Cummings Cut on free-lined shrimp. Black drum are good in the Lydia Ann Channel on crabs. Trout are fair over grass while drifting with live shrimp.
• PORT ARANSAS: Redfish are fair to good at East Flats on shrimp. Black drum are good in the Shrimpboat Channel on crabs and finger mullet. Redfish and sheepshead are fair to good at the jetty on shrimp.
• CORPUS CHRISTI: Trout are fair to good on the edge of the spoils on Gulps and live shrimp. Black drum are good in the Humble Channel at night on crabs and table shrimp.
• BAFFIN BAY: Trout are good around sand, grass and rocks on Corkies and topwaters. Black drum are good in the Land Cut on crabs. Trout are fair to good in the Land Cut on live shrimp.
• PORT MANSFIELD: Trout are fair to good on topwaters around sand and grass. Redfish are fair to good while drifting pot holes on Gulps.
• SOUTH PADRE: Trout are good around the spoil islands, channel edges and color changes on DOA Shrimp and Gulps under popping corks. Black drum, redfish and Spanish mackerel are good at the jetty on shrimp.
• PORT ISABEL: Trout are fair to good around sand bars on live shrimp. Trout and redfish are fair to good at Gas Well Flats on live shrimp. Redfish are fair at Three Island on small topwaters and soft plastics under rattling corks.
COMPILED BY BINK GRIMES