Golfers to play dress up for Victoria Ballet Theatre
April 19, 2013 at 10:03 p.m.
Updated April 18, 2013 at 11:19 p.m.
Area nonprofit groups have scheduled a variety of fundraising events. These include:
• 7:30 a.m. Saturday - Superhero 5K run, Riverside Park, Court Appointed Special Advocates
• 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday - Art in the Garden, Devereux Growing Center, 120 David Wade Drive
• 7 a.m. April 27 - Walk 4 Autism 5K Run, Riverside Park
• 9 a.m. April 27 - Rope for the Kids, seventh annual CASA team roping, Breckenridge Park, Edna
• April 27 and 28 - 16th annual Jack Whitmire Memorial Charity Sporting Clay Shoot, Victoria Rotary Club, Victoria Boys & Girls Club, Beck Ranch, 9023 Salem Road. For information, email email@example.com.
The golfer lifted his tee shot onto the fairway, tutu flapping in the gentle breeze.
Normal links attire will be discarded April 27 when golfers don tutus and tiaras for the Victoria Ballet Theatre fundraiser at the Victoria Country Club, 14 Spring Creek Road.
"It's a great opportunity for people to come out and support the Victoria Ballet Theatre while having some fun," said artistic director Brenda Tally. "Also, all the players appear to enjoy teeing off in their custom tutus and tiaras."
The event is in its third year and has grown from five teams to 13 in 2013.
Prizes will be awarded for the first three teams to place and other special contests.
The individual entry fee is $125, and sponsorships are also available. The deadline for registration is Tuesday.
The 2013-14 schedule will mark the 30th season of the Victoria Ballet Theatre.
For more information about the upcoming event or the Victoria Ballet Theatre, call 361-575-2313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.