Crossroads weekly fishing report
Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:05 a.m.
• NORTH SABINE: Trout are fair in the river on live shad. Redfish are good in the cuts and drains leading to the marsh on shrimp and jigs tipped with shrimp.
• SOUTH SABINE: Trout are fair to good while drifting the reefs on live shrimp and soft plastics. Trout, sheepshead and redfish are fair to good at the jetty on live shrimp and shad.
• BOLIVAR: Trout are fair on the south shoreline on small topwaters and soft plastics. Black drum, sand trout and redfish are good at Rollover Pass.
• TRINITY BAY: Trout are good for drifters working wells and shell pads on shrimp and mullet. Redfish are good on live bait around the reefs and at the spillway. Trout and redfish are good in the marsh on live bait.
• EAST GALVESTON BAY: Trout are good for drifters working deep shell on plastics and live bait. Whiting and sand trout are good on the edge of the Intracoastal on fresh shrimp.
• WEST GALVESTON BAY: Sheepshead, redfish and black drum are good at the jetty on shrimp and crabs. Trout are fair in Christmas Bay on live shrimp over reefs. Offshore is good for tarpon, kingfish, amberjack and ling.
• TEXAS CITY: Trout are fair on the reefs on live shrimp and croakers. Trout are fair along the edge of the Ship Channel on croakers and shrimp. Redfish are fair in Moses Lake on shrimp and mullet.
• FREEPORT: Sand trout and sheepshead are good on live shrimp on the reefs in Bastrop and Christmas bay. Trout, Spanish mackerel and sand trout are good at the jetties on soft plastics and shrimp.
• EAST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair for drifters on live shrimp over humps and scattered shell. Redfish are fair to good on the edge of the Intracoastal on crabs and mullet.
• WEST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout and sand trout are fair on sand and grass humps on soft plastics, croakers and topwaters. Redfish are fair on live shrimp in Oyster Lake and Crab Lake. Flounder gigging has been fair to good.
PORT O'CONNOR: Trout and redfish are fair on live bait over sand, grass and shell in San Antonio Bay. Redfish and tarpon are fair to good on shad and crabs at the jetty.• ROCKPORT: Trout are fair in the guts and channels on free-lined shrimp. Redfish are good on mullet and shrimp around the islands and on the edge of the Intracoastal.
• PORT ARANSAS: Trout, redfish and sheepshead are fair to good at the jetty on shrimp and croakers. Trout are fair around Pelican Island on topwaters, piggies and croakers.
• CORPUS CHRISTI: Trout are fair to good on the edge of the spoils on Gulps and live shrimp. Redfish are good in the potholes on shrimp and Gulps. Trout are good in the surf on croakers and topwaters.
• BAFFIN BAY: Trout are fair on topwaters around rocks and grass near the Land Cut. Trout are fair to good on the King Ranch shoreline on croakers, topwaters and plum and glow plastics.
• PORT MANSFIELD: Trout and redfish are fair on topwaters around sand and grass near spoil islands. Redfish are fair to good while drifting pot holes on DOA Shrimp and Gulps under a popping cork.
• SOUTH PADRE: Trout are fair in South Bay and Mexiquita Flats on shrimp and plastics under rattling corks. Tarpon and a few kingfish have been showing at the jetty and pass.
• PORT ISABEL: Trout and redfish are fair to good on the flats on live shrimp and DOA Shrimp under a popping cork. Snook are good early in the morning around the Brownsville Ship Channel on topwaters and soft plastics.
Compiled by Bink Grimes