Crossroads weekly fishing report
Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:26 a.m.
• NORTH SABINE: Trout are good under slicks and birds on soft plastics. Redfish are good under rafts of shad on topwaters. Redfish are good in the marsh on small topwaters.
• SOUTH SABINE: Trout are fair to good under birds and pods of shad. Trout are good at the jetty on live bait and topwaters. Trout are good at the nearshore rigs on live mullet. Offshore is good for kingfish, amberjack and ling.
• BOLIVAR: Trout are good on the outgoing tide at Rollover Pass on soft plastics and mullet. Redfish are good in the marsh with higher tides on Gulps and finger mullet.
• TRINITY BAY: Trout are good for drifters working pods of shad and mullet on Bass Assassins, Trout Killers and Sand Eels. Trout are good on the deep shell and around the wells on live shrimp and glow plastics.
• EAST GALVESTON BAY: Trout are good on the south shoreline on topwaters and soft plastics. Trout are fair to good on the shell adjacent to the channel on live bait. Trout are good for drifters on live bait under a popping cork over shell.
• WEST GALVESTON BAY: Sheepshead, redfish and black drum are good at the jetty on shrimp and crabs. Trout are good in the surf on live bait and topwaters. Offshore is good for kingfish, ling and dolphin. Tarpon are good along the beachfront.
• TEXAS CITY: Trout are fair to good on the reefs and in the channel on live shrimp and croakers. Redfish and sand trout are fair to good in Moses Lake and Dickinson Bayou on shrimp.
• FREEPORT: Trout are good at San Luis Pass on shrimp, topwaters and soft plastics. Trout, redfish, sand trout and sheepshead are good on live shrimp on the reefs in Christmas Bay. Offshore is good for Atlantic spadefish, kingfish and ling. Bull redfish are good along the beach in 26 feet of water.
• EAST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are good for drifters on live shrimp over mid-bay reefs. Trout and redfish are good over mud on live mullet. Large sand trout and croakers are good over deep reefs on shrimp.
• WEST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair over sand and grass humps on soft plastics and topwaters. Redfish and black drum are fair to good at Shell Island on live shrimp. Offshore is good for ling, amberjack and tuna.
• PORT O'CONNOR: Trout and redfish are fair to good on topwaters and live bait over sand, grass and shell in San Antonio Bay. Trout and redfish are fair for drifters working the back lakes with live shrimp and small topwaters. Tarpon are good at the jetty on drifted baits.
• ROCKPORT: Trout are fair over grass while drifting with live shrimp and Gulps. Redfish are good on piggy perch and shrimp around Mud Island and Estes Flats.
• PORT ARANSAS: Trout, redfish and sheepshead are fair to good at the jetty on shrimp and croakers. Offshore is good for dolphin, ling, kingfish and tuna.
• CORPUS CHRISTI: Trout are fair to good on the edge of the spoils on piggy perch, Gulps and live shrimp. Redfish are good in the potholes on shrimp and piggy perch. Trout are good in the surf on croakers and finger mullet.
• BAFFIN BAY: Trout are good on topwaters and soft plastics while wading rocks and grass. Redfish are fair to good on the flats on small topwaters. Trout are fair to good on soft plastics under a popping cork on the grass in the Land Cut.
• PORT MANSFIELD: Trout are good on topwaters on the edge of the channel and around sand and grass along spoils. Redfish are good on the sand on small topwaters and Gulps. Offshore is good for kingfish, dolphin, ling and tuna.
• SOUTH PADRE: Redfish are good on the flats and in South Bay on live bait and plastics under a rattling cork. Snook are good in the Ship Channel on DOA Lures and live shrimp. Tarpon have been hanging around the jetty.
• PORT ISABEL: Trout are good at Three Islands on DOA Shrimp and topwaters. Redfish are good on the Gas Well Flats on shrimp and mullet.
Compiled by Bink Grimes