Area's best of the rest calendar
Winning the West: Firearms in the Texas Coastal Bend• WHERE: Museum of the Coastal Bend, 2200 E. Red River St., Victoria
WHEN: Through Saturday
HOURS: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday
FOR INFORMATION: Visit museumofthecoastalbend.org or call 361-585-2511.
Races at Shady Oaks Speedway• WHEN: 3 p.m., pit gate opens; 5 p.m., spectator gates open; 7 p.m., races begin
• WHERE: Shady Oaks Speedway, 2185 Farm-to-Market Road 622, Goliad
COST: $10 per spectator; $8 for seniors and over; $5 for children 6-12; children 5 and under are free• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-645-8353 or go to shadyoakspeedway.com.
Nekkid Armadilla Summer Fest• WHEN: 2-10 p.m. Sunday
• WHERE: Outrigger Grill Stage, 515 Commerce, Palacios
• COST: Free, but food will be sold
• FOR INFORMATION: Visit nekkidarmadilla.com.
Fourth Annual Labor Day Weekend Car Show• WHEN: 9 a.m. registration; 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: 2001 Lova Drive, Victoria
• FOR INFORMATION: Contact D.J. Wolfman Cruz at 361-894-9260 or Gary Moses at 361-550-5466.
Focus Oncash Presents College Hip Hop Concert• WHEN: 8 p.m. midnight Saturday
• WHERE: Victoria Community Center, 2905 N. North St., Victoria
COST: $10 pre-sale, $15 at the door and $20 VIP. Tickets are available at mumphord's BBQ, Easy Money, Beef O Brady's and Victoria Beauty Supply • NOTE: Show is for ages 16 and up, after party at the Jaycee Hall is ages 18 and up.
• FOR INFORMATION: Call Timothy Blakely at 773-592-9382 361-676-7949.
Kory Kubecka Santa Run: Bike and Hot Rod Fun Run • WHEN: 10 a.m. Saturday
• WHERE: The Shack, 2049 Farm-to-Market Road 616, La Salle
• COST: $8 per plate, $5 Iron Man contest fee
• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-284-3522 or 361-284-3121, and for information on the Fun Run, call James Monroy after 1 p.m. at 361-655-2946.
Autism Nework Connection Benefit Barbecue• WHERE: Ol' Skool Hangout, 1302 E. Juan Linn St., Victoria
• WHEN: 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
• COST: $7 per barbecue plate by Smokin Cowboyz Catering.
• FOR INFORMATION:Contact: Autism Network Connection at 361-579-0246, 361-212-8531 or Gary Moses at 361-573-2853.
To submit events for area performances, plays, productions, fundraisers or museum exhibits, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to get them into the calendar is 2 p.m. Tuesday before publication.