Wednesday, September 17, 2014




Damaged gas meter leaks fumes, forces evacuations

By Victoria Advocate
Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:04 a.m.
Updated Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:03 p.m.


Residents in the area of the 1000 block of South De Leon Street in Victoria were briefly evacuated because of a gas leak Thursday morning.

About 7:30 a.m., a vehicle struck a gas meter on private property in the area. Crews were able to shut the gas off and make the repairs quickly, said Olivia Ross, spokeswoman for CenterPoint Energy.

Residents were cleared to return to their homes about 8:15 a.m.

Officials were not certain exactly how many people were evacuated during the 45 minutes.

There were no injuries, said Lt. Mike Hernandez of the Victoria Police Department.

SHARE

Comments


THE LATEST

Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia