Crossroads weekly fishing report
• NORTH SABINE: Trout are fair to good on the Louisiana shoreline on topwaters and Corkies. Redfish are fair on jigs tipped with shrimp around marsh drains. Some birds have worked over trout.
• SOUTH SABINE: Sheepshead and black drum are good at the jetty on live shrimp. Trout are fair to good around Lighthouse Cove and around the jetty rocks on topwaters. Redfish are fair to good in the marsh on topwaters.
• BOLIVAR: Trout are fair to good on the south shoreline on soft plastics and plugs. Black drum and redfish are good at Rollover Pass. Croakers are good on dead shrimp in the channel and around the pass.
• TRINITY BAY: Trout are good at the wells on soft plastics. Redfish and trout are fair to good at the spillway on shrimp. Redfish are good in the marsh.
• EAST GALVESTON BAY: Trout are good on the south shoreline on topwaters and soft plastics. Whiting and sand trout are good on the edge of the Intracoastal on fresh shrimp. Mid-bay reefs have held trout on plastics, live shrimp and croakers.
• WEST GALVESTON BAY: Trout are fair to good for drifters working shell on live shrimp. Trout, sheepshead, redfish and black drum are good at the jetty on shrimp. Kingfish, ling and wahoo are good offshore.
• TEXAS CITY: Trout are good on the channel on croakers and live shrimp. Trout are good on reefs and wells on live bait. Redfish are good in Moses Lake on finger mullet.
• FREEPORT: Sand trout and sheepshead are good on live shrimp on the reefs. Trout and sand trout are good at the jetties on shrimp and shad. Dorado, ling and kingfish are good offshore.
• EAST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair to good for drifters on live shrimp over humps and scattered shell. Redfish are fair to good on the edge of the Intracoastal on crabs and mullet.
• WEST MATAGORDA BAY: Redfish are fair to good on the edge of Oyster Lake on shrimp and crabs. Trout are fair on sand and grass on soft plastics and topwaters.
• PORT O'CONNOR: Trout and redfish are good on topwaters and croakers over sand and grass. Trout and redfish are fair at the mouths of bayous on the outgoing tide. Trout are good in the surf on the incoming tide.
• ROCKPORT: Trout are fair on free-lined shrimp in the deep channels. Trout are fair over grass flats while drifting with live shrimp. Redfish are good in shallow water on pin perch.
• PORT ARANSAS: Redfish are fair to good at East Flats on shrimp. Redfish and sheepshead are fair to good at the jetty on shrimp. Offshore is good for ling and kingfish.
• CORPUS CHRISTI: Trout are fair to good on the edge of the spoils on Gulps and live shrimp. Trout are good on the flats with higher tides and around Pita Island on croakers.
• BAFFIN BAY: Trout are fair in mud and grass on Corkies and topwaters. Trout are fair to good in the Land Cut on live shrimp. Trout are fair to good while drifting with topwaters at Rocky Slough and on the surrounding sand and grass.
• PORT MANSFIELD: Trout are good on topwaters and soft plastics around sand and grass. Redfish are fair to good while drifting pot holes and sand flats on live shrimp. Bull redfish are good near the East Flats on mullet.
• SOUTH PADRE: Trout are good around the spoil islands, channel edges and color changes on DOA Shrimp and Gulps. Tarpon, snook, trout and Spanish mackerel have been caught at the jetty on live bait.
• PORT ISABEL: Snook are fair to good in South Bay on shrimp and DOA Shrimp. Trout and redfish are fair to good at Gas Well Flats on live shrimp and Gulps.
Compiled from Advocate Wire Reports