Victoria College administrator to lead United Way board
July 16, 2013 at 2:16 a.m.
Updated July 17, 2013 at 2:17 a.m.
Victoria County United Way Boards of Directors and Trustees
Board of Directors
• Glenda Bennett, Citizens Medical Center
• Roy Boyd, city of Victoria
• Dan Easton, Victoria Advocate
• Joe Farias, H-E-B
• Charmelle Garrett, city of Victoria
• Amy Hodges, Invista
• Mary Kay Janssen, O'Connor & Hewitt Foundation
• John Jones, Caterpillar
• Dale Jones, Klean Corp. International
• Russell Janecka, Janecka Insurance
• Jeb Lacey, Victoria County
• Kevin LaPierre, Seadrift Coke
• Bryant Price, Agama Advertising
• Geri Schroeder, Prosperity Bank
• David Schrutka, LyondellBasell
• Greg Sprawka, First Victoria National Bank
• David Vacek, Dow Chemical Company
• Greg Westbrook, DuPont
• Bruce Woods, State Farm
• Gary Worsham, Wells Fargo Bank
• Jennifer Yancey, Victoria College
Board of Trustees
• Sally Aman-Barnes, community volunteer
• Gary Burns, Victoria County
• Mike Cavazos, Invista
• Rhonda Fotiades, Pioneer Oil
• Mark Loffgren, community volunteer
• Kelly Park, First Victoria National Bank
• Omar Rachid, Rachid Consulting
• Terry Robinson, Hospice of South Texas
• Jon Paul Sourdellia, Scorgolf
• Rob VanZant, Spartan
• Jimmy Zaplac, Coldwell Banker
Jennifer Yancey, vice president of college advancement and external affairs with Victoria College, has been elected chairwoman of the Victoria County United Way Board of Directors.
Other board members, officers and executive committee members were also elected.
"We have a strong board of directors, staff and organization," said Yancey. "The leadership that we elected today and the board members that are returning will help us meet the opportunities we face as a community."
The 22-member board of directors includes a 12-member executive committee comprised of a diverse group of volunteers who are representative of donors, corporations and sponsors, civic leaders and other stakeholders, according to a news release from the Victoria County United Way.
These volunteers are responsible for setting policies, the organizational operating budget and for overseeing the direction of the Victoria County United Way, according to the news release.
The campaign that recently ended resulted in the agency's first $1 million fundraising effort. Clifford Grimes is the group's executive director.
Board officers and executive committee members include:
Chairwoman, board of directors - Jennifer Yancey, Victoria College
Chairman, 2013 Community Campaign - Dan Easton, Victoria Advocate
Chairman, Community Investment Committee - Dale Jones, Klean Corp. International
Secretary - Amy Hodges, Invista
Treasurer/finance committee chairwoman - Mary Kay Janssen, O'Connor & Hewitt Foundation
Finance committee vice chairman - Greg Sprawka, First Victoria National Bank
Immediate past board president - Russell Janecka, Janecka Insurance
Officers - Gary Worsham, Wells Fargo Bank; Geri Schroeder, Prosperity Bank; Kelly Park, First Victoria National Bank; Bryant Price, Agama Advertising; David Schrutka, LyondellBasell