Area's best of the rest calendar
Winning the West: Firearms in the Texas Coastal Bend• WHERE: Museum of the Coastal Bend, 2200 E. Red River St., Victoria
WHEN: Through Aug. 31
HOURS: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday
FOR INFORMATION: Visit museumofthecoastalbend.org or call 361-585-2511.
Framing Main: Crossroads of History• WHERE: Nave Museum, 306 W. Commercial St., Victoria
• WHEN: Through Aug. 25
HOURS: Noon-4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday, noon-7 p.m. Thursday
FOR INFORMATION: Visit navemuseum.com or call 361-575-8227.
Calhoun County Cultures & Cuisines• WHEN: 11 a.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Bay Front Peninsula (under newly completed canopy), Port Lavaca
• COST: Free food and entertainment
• FOR INFORMATION: Call Port Lavaca Chamber of Commerce at 361-552-2959.
Terry Grossman and Mario Superstar Salazar • WHEN: 9:15 p.m. Friday and Saturday
• WHERE: Golden Gecko, 202 E. Forrest St., Victoria
• COST: $5; 21 and up only
• FOR INFORMATION: Visit goldengeckoevents.com.
Brews for Boots: Shiner Beer Dinner and Charity Auction • WHEN: 7 p.m. Thursday
• WHERE: Victoria Country Club, 14 Spring Creek Road, Victoria
• COST: $60 per person
• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-573-3712 to make your reservation.
Knights of Columbus Chicken Barbecue • WHEN: 8:30 a.m. Sunday
• WHERE: Knights of Columbus Hall, 3610 N. Ben Wilson St., Victoria
• COST: $7 per chicken, $20 for three chickens, Spanish beans and rice are available for $1.50 per pint. Proceeds benefit various council projects.
• FOR INFORMATION: Call Gary Moses at 361-573-2853 or call the hall Sunday morning at 361-575-9214.
To submit events for area performances, plays, productions, fundraisers or museum exhibits, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to get them into the calendar is 2 p.m. Tuesday before publication.