Area's best of the rest calendar
June 19, 2013 at 1:19 a.m.
Winning the West: Firearms in the Texas Coastal Bend• WHERE: Museum of the Coastal Bend, 2200 E. Red River St., Victoria
WHEN: Through Aug. 31
HOURS: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday
FOR INFORMATION: Visit museumofthecoastalbend.org or call 361-585-2511.
'Fur Bitten' by Carter Ernst
WHERE: The Nave Museum, 306 W. Commercial St., Victoria
WHEN: Through Sunday• HOURS: Noon-4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday and noon-7 p.m. Thursday
FOR INFORMATION: Visit navemuseum.com or call 361-575-8228.
Port Lavaca Main Street Theater presents 'The Patchwork Girl of Oz'• WHEN: 7:30 p.m. Friday, 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday
• WHERE: Port Lavaca Main Street Theatre, 315 E. Main St., Port Lavaca
• COST: $10 adults, $5 ages 11-18 and $4 ages 3-10
• FOR INFORMATION: Visit plmainstreet.org.
Evening at the Amphitheater: Pine Island bluegrass band• WHEN: 6-8 p.m. Thursday
• WHERE: Ethel Lee Tracy Park, 701 E Larkspur St., Victoria
• COST: Free
• FOR INFORMATION: Light refreshment available.
Hot Diggity Dog Night with the Victoria Generals• WHEN: Gates open 5 p.m.; races begin 6 p.m. Friday
• WHERE: Riverside Stadium, Victoria
• COST: $20 registration includes adult admission to game
• FOR INFORMATION: Early registration can be done at DOPAC, 135 Progress Drive or by calling 361-575-8573.
To submit events for area performances, plays, productions, fundraisers or museum exhibits, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to get them into the calendar is 2 p.m. Tuesday before publication.