Wednesday, November 26, 2014




Advertise with us

Ganado family loses home in fire

By chirst
June 22, 2013 at 1:22 a.m.


Two Ganado residents are homeless after a fire burned down their home Friday night.

No one was injured in the blaze.

The Ganado Fire Department responded to the fire in the 4900 block of state Highway 172 South at 8:24 p.m., said Assistant Fire Chief Kurt Janica.

When Janica arrived, he said, no one was home and smoke was coming from all sides of the one-story wooden home. The house was engulfed in flames.

It took about 45 minutes for crews from Ganado, Lolita Fire Department and Edna Fire Department to extinguish the fire.

The couple in the home lost everything, Janica said, and the American Red Cross Crossroads Chapter responded to provide emergency assistance.

Check back at VictoriaAdvocate.com or read the Victoria Advocate on Sunday for full details.

SHARE

Comments


Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia