One hospitalized after smoke reported at restaurant
ADVOCATE STAFF REPORT
March 5, 2013 at 12:02 a.m.
Updated March 4, 2013 at 9:05 p.m.
One person was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries after the Victoria Fire Department responded to a report of smoke at the M&M Pinto Bean Tex Mex restaurant on East Rio Grande Street late Monday night.
Captain David Kahlich said workers, who were painting inside, reported the smoke about 11:10 p.m.
Firefighters were looking at each air vent on the roof to discover the source of the smoke.
A floor cleaner being used combusted likely causing the smoke, but investigation is continuing, said Battalion Chief Roger Hempel on Tuesday.