Theatre Victoria seeks actors for 'Beauty and the Beast'
May 7, 2013 at 12:07 a.m.
• Belle: Stage age: 18-30; Mezzo-Soprano: Low A-High F.
• The Beast: Stage age: 21-35; Baritone: A-High F.
• Gaston: Stage age: 21-35; This role requires a strong singer and character actor who moves well. Baritone: A-High F.
• Lefou: Stage age: 18-plus; Baritone: B-High F Sharp
• Maurice: Stage age: 40-plus; Baritone: B flat-High D flat.
• Babette: Stage age: 20s-40s; Alto: C-C.
• Lumiere: Stage age: 30-plus; Baritone: A-High F sharp.
• Cogsworth: Stage age: 30-plus; Baritone: A-High E.
• Mrs. Potts: Stage age: 30-plus; Mezzo-Soprano: Low F sharp-High G.
• Chip: Age: 8-12 years old; boy soprano: D-High D.
• Madame de la Grande Bouche: Stage age: 30-plus; Soprano: C sharp-High G.
Monsieur D'arque: Stage age: 25-plus; Tenor: D-High A.
• Three silly girls: Stage age: 16-25.
• Ensemble (townspeople - the enchanted objects): men ages 14 and up, women ages 14 and up and children ages 8-13.
Practice your lines and prepare to belt out some musical notes.
Theatre Victoria is hosting open auditions for the 2013 summer musical, Disney's "Beauty and the Beast," on Monday and Tuesday at the Leo J. Welder Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Victoria.
The production is directed by Scott Mohon, choreographed by Laura Klimist and music direction is by Patricia Balmer.
Registration begins at 6 p.m., and auditions start at 7 p.m. both days. Monday is dedicated to female roles and Tuesday to male roles. There are seven main female roles and eight male roles, plus a need for about 21 extras.
Actors will be required to sing 32 bars from a song and participate in the dance/movement portion of the audition. Bring sheet music or a CD for the singing portion or be prepared to sing a cappella.
For more information on the production, visit theatrevictoria.org or call 361-576-6277.