Victoria Electric Cooperative worker in stable condition after being shocked
May 31, 2013 at 12:31 a.m.
Updated June 1, 2013 at 1:01 a.m.
A Victoria Electric Cooperative employee was in stable condition after being injured on the job Thursday.
Esiquio Ybarra suffered an electrical shock while on the job and was transported to San Antonio Military Medical Center in San Antonio.
The electrical arc incident occurred about 10 a.m. on Farm-to-Market Road 2433 in Calhoun County, said Brittany Marsh, Victoria Electric Cooperative communication specialist.
Calhoun County Sheriff George Aleman said deputies were unable to respond to the call Thursday and that Calhoun County EMS responded to the scene.
EMS was unable to provide further information Friday about Ybarra or the incident.