Crossroads Weekly Fishing Report
Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:12 a.m.
• NORTH SABINE: Trout are fair to good under the birds when the wind allows on soft plastics. Redfish are good in the marsh on small topwaters and jigs tipped with shrimp.
• SOUTH SABINE: Trout are good under the birds. Bull redfish are good at the jetty on crabs. Sheepshead and black drum are good at the jetty on live shrimp.
• BOLIVAR: Trout are fair to good on the south shoreline on soft plastics and plugs. Black drum and redfish are good at Rollover Pass.
• TRINITY BAY: Trout are good under the birds. Trout are good for drifters working pods of shad and mullet on Bass Assassins, Trout Killers and Sand Eels. Redfish are good at the spillway on crabs and mullet.
• EAST GALVESTON BAY: Trout are good under the birds. Trout are good on the south shoreline on topwaters and soft plastics.
• WEST GALVESTON BAY: Sheepshead, redfish and black drum are good at the jetty on shrimp and crabs. Trout are good under the birds in the afternoon.
• TEXAS CITY: Redfish are good at the mouth of Moses Lake on shrimp. Large sand trout are good off the piers and dike.
• FREEPORT: Sand trout and sheepshead are good on live shrimp on the reefs. Bull redfish are good at San Luis Pass on cracked blue crabs. Flounder are fair to good around the pass on jigs tipped with shrimp and finger mullet.
• EAST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are good for drifters on live shrimp over humps and scattered shell. Redfish are good in the middle of the bay under diving gulls.
• WEST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair on shell and grass on soft plastics. Flounder are fair to good on soft plastics over muddy bottoms at the locks. Low tides have congregated redfish in the guts and bayous.
• PORT O'CONNOR: Black drum are good on the reefs in San Antonio Bay on live shrimp. Trout and redfish are fair on topwaters over soft mud in waist-deep water in San Antonio Bay.
• ROCKPORT: Trout are fair over grass while drifting with live shrimp. Redfish are fair to good on the Estes Flats on mullet and shrimp.
• PORT ARANSAS: Redfish are fair to good on the East Flats on topwaters and Gulps. Offshore is good for tuna and kingfish.
CORPUS CHRISTI: Redfish are fair to good around Shamrock Cove on small topwaters and spoons. Black drum and redfish are good in the Humble Channel on crabs and table shrimp.• BAFFIN BAY: Trout are fair to good in mud and grass on Corkies and topwaters. Redfish are good in the Land Cut on natural baits. Trout are good on deep rocks on plum and black plastics.
• PORT MANSFIELD: Trout are fair to good on topwaters around sand and grass holes. Redfish are fair to good while drifting pot holes and sight-casting to the shallows.
• SOUTH PADRE: Trout and redfish are fair to good on the edge of the Intracoastal on DOA Shrimp and Gulps. Redfish are good at the jetty on shrimp and crabs.
• PORT ISABEL: Trout are good at Airport Cove and Laguna Vista on TTF Flats Killers and small topwaters. Redfish are good in Cullen Bay on topwaters and gold spoons.
Compiled by Bink Grimes