Area's best of the rest calendar
Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:02 a.m.
McKay Otto: Ever About Ever• WHERE: Nave Museum, 306 W. Commercial St., Victoria
• WHEN: Through Oct. 20
HOURS: Noon-4 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday, noon-7 p.m Thursday, closed Monday• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-575-8227 or visit navemuseum.com.
History, Heritage and Hospitality• WHERE: Cuero Heritage Museum, 124 E. Church St., Cuero
HOURS: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday or by special appointment• FOR INFORMATION:all 361-275-1222 or visit cityofcuero.com.
Yorktown Historical Museum• WHERE: 144 W. Main St., Yorktown
HOURS: 1-4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday or by special appointment• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-275-1222 or visit cityofcuero.com.
Yoakum Heritage Museum• WHERE: 12 Simpson St., Yoakum
• HOURS: 1-4 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 2-4 p.m. Sunday
• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-293-7022 or visit yoakumareachamber.com.
Calhoun County Museum• WHERE: 301 S. Ann, Port Lavaca
• HOURS: 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 10:00 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday
• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-553 4689 or visit calhouncountymuseum.org.
Englein Haus Hallettsville Cultural Events Center• WHERE: 115 N. Main St., Hallettsville
• FOR INFORMATION OR HOURS: Contact Nancy Braus at 361-798-9295 or visit hallettsvilleculturaleventcenter.org.
Come & Take It Battle Re-enactment• WHEN: Gates open at 1 p.m. Saturday. Battle begins at 3 p.m. Festival continues through Sunday.
• WHERE: Gonzales Pioneer Village, Gonzales
• FOR INFO: Call 830-672-2157 or email at email@example.com.
Races at Shady Oaks Speedway• WHEN: Pit gate opens 3 p.m.; 5 p.m., spectator gates open; 7 p.m., races begin
• WHERE: Shady Oaks Speedway, 2185 Farm-to-Market Road 622, Goliad
COST: $10 per spectator; $8 for seniors and over; $5 for children 6-12; children 5 and under are free• FOR INFO: Call 361-645-8353 or go to shadyoakspeedway.com.
Piano Recital by Robert McDonald• WHEN: 2 p.m. Sunday
• WHERE: Hallettsville Cultural Events Center, 115 N. Main St., Hallettsville
• FOR INFO: Call Nancy Braus at 361-798-9295.
Fifth annual Pedal Palacios Bike Ride• WHEN: Registration opens at 6 a.m. and closes at 8:30 a.m. Saturday. No starts after 8:45 a.m. Start time 8 a.m. for 60-mile and 36-mile ride. Start time 8:30 a.m. for 12-mile ride.
• WHERE: In front of the Pavilion at South Bay Blvd at 4th St., Palacios
• TO REGISTER: $40 by Friday, and $50 day of the ride.
• FOR INFO: Visit pedalpalacios.org or call 361-972-1479.
Support the Troops Spaghetti fundraiser• WHEN: 5-7 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: National Guard Armory, 106 Mockingbird Lane, Victoria
COST: $8 per plate dine-in or take-out• FOR INFO: Visit fsc386.us.
Benefit for Armando Bravo• WHEN: 11 a.m. Sunday
• WHERE: Mario's Ballroom, 1301 Tristan St., Victoria
• COST: $7 per plate
• FOR INFO: Contact Maria Bravo at 361-652-5760.
Port Lavaca Market Days• WHEN: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Bauer Community Center parking lot, 2300 Hwy. 35 Bypass, Port Lavaca
• FOR INFO: Visit portlavacamarketdays.com or call 361-552-2959.
To submit events for area performances, plays, productions, fundraisers or museum exhibits, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to get them into the calendar is 2 p.m. Tuesday before publication.