Area's best of the rest calendar
McKay Otto: Ever About Ever• WHERE: Nave Museum, 306 W. Commercial St., Victoria
• WHEN: Through Oct. 20
HOURS: Noon-4 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday, noon-7 p.m Thursday, closed Monday• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-575-8227 or visit navemuseum.com.
History, Heritage and Hospitality• WHERE: Cuero Heritage Museum, 124 E. Church St., Cuero
HOURS: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday or by special appointment• FOR INFORMATION:all 361-275-1222 or visit cityofcuero.com.
Yorktown Historical Museum• WHERE: 144 W. Main St., Yorktown
HOURS: 1-4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday or by special appointment• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-275-1222 or visit cityofcuero.com.
Yoakum Heritage Museum• WHERE: 12 Simpson St., Yoakum
• HOURS: 1-4 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 2-4 p.m. Sunday
• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-293-7022 or visit yoakumareachamber.com.
Calhoun County Museum• WHERE: 301 S. Ann, Port Lavaca
• HOURS: 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 10:00 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday
• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-553 4689 or visit calhouncountymuseum.org.
Englein Haus Hallettsville Cultural Events Center• WHERE: 115 N. Main St., Hallettsville
• FOR INFORMATION OR HOURS: Contact Nancy Braus at 361-798-9295 or visit hallettsvilleculturaleventcenter.org.
Dieciseis de Septiembre Celebration• WHEN: Noon-midnight Saturday
• WHERE: Victoria Community Center, 2905 E. North St., Victoria
COST: $5 presale, $7 day of the show• FOR INFORMATION: Visit the Autism Network Connection, 1501 E. Red River St., Suite B3, or call Rosemary Watts at 361-579-0246.
Westhoff VFD BBQ cook-off and car show• WHEN: Noon-7 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Westhoff American Legion, 13425 U.S. Highway 87 N, Westhoff
COST: Entry fee is $25 for all categories except beans, which is $10. Prizes for top three places. Car/truck show entry is $20.• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-491-0369 for the barbecue cook-off and 361-491-0281 for the car show.
Inez Volunteer Fire Department 10th annual fundraiser• WHEN: 4 p.m.-midnight Saturday
• WHERE: Inez Community Center, 2511 Garcitas Creek Road, Inez
COST: Chicken-fried steak dinner will be served• FOR INFORMATION: Contact David Glass at 361-935-1549.
KC chicken barbecue• WHEN: 8 a.m. Sunday
• WHERE: Knights of Columbus, Ben Wilson Street and Airline Road, Victoria
COST: $7 per chicken and three for $20; $1.50 per pint• FOR INFORMATION: Call the hall Sunday morning at 361-575-9214.
Yoakum Heritage Museum fundraiser and chicken dinner• WHEN: 4:30-6 p.m. Monday
• WHERE: Yoakum Community Center drive-thru, 105 Huck St., Yoakum
• COST: $8; tickets are available at First State Bank, Yoakum National Bank, Kvinta Law Office and Gaus, Natho & Swaney Law Office or call 361-741-6543 or 361-293-6685.
• FOR INFORMATION: Call the Yoakum Heritage Museum at 361-293-7022.
Victoria Symphony League Luncheon and Fashion Show• WHEN: Doors open 10:30 a.m. Wednesday
• WHERE: Spring Creek Event Center, 12116 Nursery Drive, Victoria
• COST: $45; tickets are available at the Victoria Symphony Office, 2112 N. Navarro St.
• FOR INFORMATION: Call the Victoria Symphony Office at 361-576-4500.
Market Day by the Bay • WHEN: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Seadrift Train Depot/Sportsplex, Seadrift
• FOR INFORMATION: Contact Peggy Gaines at 361-920-1743 or SeadriftLions@gmail.com or visit SeadriftLions.org.
Festival in the Gardens/Plant Sale • WHEN: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Victoria Educational Gardens (across from Victoria Regional Airport control tower), 333 Bachelor Drive, Victoria
• FOR INFORMATION: Contact the Victoria Educational Gardens at 361-741-9148.
Goliad Market Days • WHEN: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Courthouse Square, 231 S. Market St., Goliad
• FOR INFORMATION: Contact the Goliad Chamber of Commerce at 361-645-3563.
Friends of the Library book sale• WHERE: Victoria Public Library, 302 N. Main St., Victoria
• WHEN: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday, 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m.-noon Saturday
• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-485-3302 or visit victoriapubliclibrary.org
To submit events for area performances, plays, productions, fundraisers or museum exhibits, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to get them into the calendar is 2 p.m. Tuesday before publication.