Bootfest fireworks show moved to Friday
The Bootfest fireworks show has been moved from Saturday to Friday night.
The fireworks will launch from the top of the One O'Connor Plaza building at 11 p.m. after the performance from the Turnpike Troubadours.
The last-minute change came after a weather forecast showed that a dry, cool front will move into Victoria and will change the direction of the wind expected Saturday, said LaRue Roth, director of the Victoria Convention and Visitors Bureau.
"It's about safety," she said. "With the winds shifting from the north, we don't want to put the crowds at risk."
The fireworks show had been set to follow Jerrod Niemann's performance Saturday.
The free shuttle service will run at the regular schedule and end at midnight.
The fireworks show is sponsored by Klean Corp. International and Robby and Tami Burdge.
For more information about Bootfest, please call 361-485-3116.