Crossroads Autism Network hosts first walk
April 8, 2014 at 10:05 p.m.
Updated April 7, 2014 at 11:08 p.m.
If you go
• W: Crossroads Autism Network Walk
• W: Registration, 8-9 a.m.; opening ceremony begins at 9 a.m.; walk immediately follows
• W: Special events area at Riverside Stadium near the Red River Street entrance to Riverside Park in Victoria.
• H: Register online at crossroadsautismnetwork.org or at the event; $25 fee covers unlimited number of team members (only cash and check accepted at the event) and includes a T-shirt and gift for each team's honoree; $5 fee allows children to play games and jump in bouncy houses
• W: Proceeds will fund activities, lessons and therapies for Crossroads residents affected by autism.
• : Contact Mary Ramos at 361-218-0903 or Robyn Garza at 361-571-8277 or visit crossroadsautismnetwork.org.
The Crossroads Autism Network is hosting its first walk in Victoria's Riverside Park on Saturday, according to a news release.
Participants can check in between 8 and 9 a.m. at the special events area at Riverside Stadium near the Red River Street entrance to Riverside Park in Victoria.
The fee is $25 per team, which can include as many members as desired, and the mile-and-a-half walk begins promptly after the 9 a.m. opening ceremony, said Mary Ramos, parent liaison for Crossroads Autism Network.
For $5, children can jump in bouncy houses and play games, Ramos said. Music and a free Easter egg hunt are also planned.
Adults can bid on silent auction items and visit informational booths, she said.
Refreshments will be available for purchase at a small concession stand.
Proceeds will fund activities such as horse riding therapy, art lessons, aquatic therapy and create-a-wish day events for Crossroads residents affected by autism.
"Bring your blankets and lawn chairs and enjoy visiting with families in your community who are affected by autism or special needs," Ramos said in a news release.