60th anniversary observance for closing of St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Kilgore to be held
April 16, 2014 at 11 p.m.
Updated April 15, 2014 at 11:16 p.m.
A grave decoration service and 60th anniversary observance commemorating the closing of St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Kilgore will be at 3 p.m. April 27 at the Kilgore Cemetery, located at 214 Kilgore Road, Goliad. John Dellis, minister of St. Peter's Lutheran Church in Ander, will lead the service.
The cemetery and its connecting grounds are the site of the former St. Paul's Lutheran Church, which closed as a congregation in 1954.
Former members, families and friends of St. Paul's and the Kilgore Community are invited to attend this special service. Anyone having photos or other items from St. Paul's Church that they would like to display at the meeting are invited to bring them before the service begins.
Before the Sunday service, families are encouraged to clean and decorate family grave sites. The annual Kilgore Cemetery Association meeting will follow the service.