Saturday, October 25, 2014




Advertise with us

No injuries, minimal damage in motel fire

By Sara Sneath
Aug. 22, 2014 at 5:27 p.m.
Updated Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:31 p.m.


Guests at a Super 8 hotel were evacuated from their rooms for more than an hour Friday morning when a commercial dryer caught fire.

No one was injured in the fire at 8001 N.E. Zac Lentz Parkway, said Battalion Chief Roger Hempel of the Victoria Fire Department. Smoke was coming out of a second-floor exhaust port when the fire department arrived about 1:40 a.m.

Firefighters and the Victoria Police Department evacuated the building. Fire crews found a commercial clothes dryer on fire and extinguished the flames within five minutes, Hempel said.

The building was cleared of smoke, and guests were allowed to return to their rooms after about one hour and 20 minutes. The cause of the fire is under investigation, Hempel said.

SHARE

Comments


Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia