AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offering free tax help
Feb. 12, 2014 at 6:01 p.m.
Updated Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:12 p.m.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide will offer free tax help to low- and moderate-income taxpayers, especially those aged 60 and older.
This free tax help will be offered from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Mondays and Fridays through April 14 and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 22 at the Victoria County Senior Citizens Center, 603 E. Murray St.
Taxpayers should bring the following with them: • Copy of last year's income tax returns
• W-2 forms from each employer
• Unemployment compensation statements
• SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits
• All 1099 forms showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets
• 1099-MISC showing any miscellaneous income
• 1099-R form for any pension or annuity received
• All forms indicating federal income tax paid
• Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID, Social Security number)
• All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions
• Social Security cards or other official documentation for taxpayer and all dependents
For more information, visit the AARP website at aarp.org/taxaide or call 1-888-AARP-NOW through April 15.