Cade student hospitalized after school attack
Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:14 a.m.
Updated Feb. 15, 2014 at 2:15 a.m.
A 13-year-old Cade Middle School student has been released from a Corpus Christi hospital after he was attacked by another Cade student in a school bathroom Monday.
"I'm in contact with the school district, and so far, I'm satisfied with how they want to handle everything," said the injured student's father, who will not be named because the student is a juvenile.
An investigation into the attack is ongoing, said Thomas Eisman, a Victoria County Sheriff's Office lieutenant.
"It's undetermined if there will be any long-term effects," the father said.
"There are no signs of an object or an assault weapon of any kind being used," he said.
The school is conducting an investigation as well, said Diane Boyett, the school district's communications director.
"Pending the results of the school investigation, appropriate disciplinary measures will be assigned in full accordance with the VISD Student Code of Conduct and state statutes," Boyett said.
Eisman said a report that claims one student assaulted another was filed Monday.