Food sale to help 20-year-old burn victim Joseph Pena
Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:04 p.m.
Updated Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:09 p.m.
A fundraising benefit is scheduled Friday to help offset medical expenses for a 20-year-old Victoria man who was badly burned in a fire.
Twin Pines Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3301 E. Mockingbird Lane, is hosting the barbecue benefit food sale, which begins at 10:30 a.m., an official said.
All proceeds will go to help pay for Joseph Pena's medical treatment. Pena suffered burns on more than 30 percent his body.
The fire occurred about 8 a.m. Jan. 2 in the 2700 block of Leary Lane.