Financial managing partner to speak at Victoria Chamber banquet
Jan. 27, 2014 at 6:01 p.m.
Updated Jan. 26, 2014 at 7:27 p.m.
If you go
• WHAT: 2014 Annual Membership Meeting
• WHEN: 6:30 p.m., general seating; 7 p.m., dinner; 8 p.m., presentation and program
• WHERE: Spring Creek Place Event Center, 12116 Nursery Drive, Victoria
• COST: $50 for members, $60 for nonmembers in advance
• FOR INFORMATION OR TO RSVP: Call the Victoria Chamber of Commerce at 361-573-5277.
The Victoria Chamber of Commerce will honor its outstanding citizen of the year during its Annual Membership Banquet on Thursday at the Spring Creek Place Event Center.
"We look at what they've done for the community," Randy Vivian, chamber president and CEO, said about the recipient.
The event's speaker, Jeff D. Reeter of Northwestern Mutual, was the youngest managing partner for the financial company in Fort Worth in 1996, and in 2002, he moved to Houston, where he continues to work.
Reeter's presence at the banquet should be enlightening for all the guests, Vivian said.
"I've heard great things about him," he said. "He's very motivational, and I look forward to hearing what he has to say."
The chamber will also recognize its ambassador, small-business partner and corporate-business partners of the year.